Finally Made Decision...GSXR 600

I actually considered the R6 on my recent trade, I am not so worried about its top end bias, as I enjoy a peaky engine. My main concern was the aggressive ergos, it definitely puts you farther forward on the bike, which is great when attacking corners, but is a more 'committed' position when trying to relieve the back on boring straights. On the gixxers, with my long arms, I am practically upright when I want, still more hunched than the FZ6R, but not so much as you would think.

I would still love to ride an R6 and hear and feel that top end, and I hear its real sharp, so it is a great 'sport' bike, but perhaps the gixxer is a better 'sport-all-a-rounder'. The increased cost may be a wash when you consider 3.9% (R6) vs 0% (GSXR) financing, the R6 would cost ya about $1000 in interest vs GSXR of course 0.

The 0% ends May 31, so don't wait too long if the gixxer is what you want. Sounds like the dealership you have been working with is blowing you off and holding out for a better deal, I would simply start calling around and play it easier, with a $1000 off MSRP targeting, tell them you are ready to buy now, then meet up there on a slow weekday and do the back end on them. Pre-secure the $1000 off MSRP, then meet up, then haggle the trade in, agree to the tax and title, but haggle the destination and prep at the very end (e.g. back end them). They will be invested by that point, and will prolly relent another $500 (destination and prep are often $1000, meet em half way).

If they wash your current trade and you get near MSRP out the door, with no service package or extended warranty, then you are looking at $200/month with 0% interest for 5 years, and you could trade in the new gixxer in about 2 years without a loss.

Update: Well dealer finally called me back and left me a message that said theyve been really busy so he apologized for that (hes actually a good salesman). So he got my email about matching and said they come close to the price of the 11 on a 12. Imo i believe 11,300 OTD for the 12 is really fair. They have a $500 customer cash on that so it really should be 11,099 OTD which I probably will haggle for. Im not taking the wife or the 6R to the dealership until we sign a contract for both bikes. Looked at an 12 R6 but i believe i wont be confortable and know the gixxer is the one for me. Wanted to get a deal done today but just been too busy to make it down to negotiate.

Cool. Keep us posted :)

Damn, that's more than would I paid for my ninja 1000. You'd think they be trying to sell that bike more and get it out of their store.

yeah i know. But as of right now they are tying to get me OTD with 0% financing for 60 mo. if we can get it done then I should have it this weekend. Still working on price though, we are about 500-1000 apart. Its gonna be a 12 cuz they have no 13's so im using that to my advantage

5 years seems like a long time to pay off a bike? or is it just me.

2012 model should work in ur favor for sure.

5 years seems like a long time to pay off a bike? or is it just me.

2012 model should work in ur favor for sure.

it does but if it's at 0% who gives a damn.... lol.

I got 0% on my bike as well for 5 years and I'm cool with that... It's no extra costs and keeps more money in my account in the mean time for other things. Like better helmet, better gear in general, LED addons and so on.

Also I get to keep the interest/revenue that my money makes me from my other accounts. So if you play your cards right you end up making money on the deal.

yeah my wife even says if i get 0% she didnt care what i bought as long as it isnt too expensive. Im still waiting on a call from the dealer 50 miles away to see if they will come a lot more down on an 11. their first offer was 11230. i told them another dealer countered and would take a lot more off to make it worth the trip. The advise that was given to me said to take the 11 for no more than 10500-10800. they will make a little $ on it but they probably are losing $ for as long as its been sitting there...

if i cant get some kind of deal done by this weekend ill stop shopping and just wait. thinking maybe one dealer will give in if i wait to make an offer i cant resist

True! As long as you take/have GAP insurance on your loan, doesnt really matter if it goes on for a while. That way you arent paying on it if something happens to it to total it out, keeps your monthly payments lower while allowing you to get the bike you want if you can get the 0%.

Good luck getting this all hashed out!
Gap insurance, a cost you should never have to pay when buying anything. When you buy a car or bike you should always be putting at least 10% of the price down, 20% is preferable. If you can't put that down you really shouldn't be making the purchase.

yeah my wife even says if i get 0% she didnt care what i bought as long as it isnt too expensive. Im still waiting on a call from the dealer 50 miles away to see if they will come a lot more down on an 11. their first offer was 11230. i told them another dealer countered and would take a lot more off to make it worth the trip. The advise that was given to me said to take the 11 for no more than 10500-10800. they will make a little $ on it but they probably are losing $ for as long as its been sitting there...

if i cant get some kind of deal done by this weekend ill stop shopping and just wait. thinking maybe one dealer will give in if i wait to make an offer i cant resist

that's a great wife.

so i got a call back, didnt get the 0% but still got a decent interest rate, but the problem is they want me to pay $235+ a month for 60 months. i told them basically they had to work on it and waiting for a call for an offer. So tired from all the back and forth just wanna tell them screw it and let them lose out...

That is way too much for a bike/toy payment IMO... Thats a bit over $14k. I wouldnt pay anywhere near that for a 600. MSRP is only $11,600 for the 2013 GSXR and you should be able to work a deal less than that. What rate did they quote?

Last edited:
got approved for 60 @ 5.99 or 72 @ 6.49. I am $1000 upside down on the fz6r so u have to add that so the price they gave me was...12,800 for a '12.

I just called the dealer 50 miles away and he gave me an offer last week of 11,230 for an '11, which i think is still high for an '11 but meeting him tomorrow with my 6r to see what kind of deal i can get there. Basically my last attempt, if not ill wait, look at used or try to sell the 6r but if i do then the dealer will have a harder time to get me to deal i believe cuz they had their chance...

i dont mind the interest rate, its actually not too bad, its just the damn dealer wants all their fees. Dealer cost on a gixxer is $1696 on the 11599 MSRP. Someone gave me the link on this thread or my other thread about buying a used bike

lol the santa fe sales manager told me "11230, thats a smokin deal" and in my head i was like no its not really, smoking deal would be like 10599. Its so crazy cuz ive seen so many other post of people not having any problem getting a new bike OTD for less thank MSRP, bugs me lol

got approved for 60 @ 5.99 or 72 @ 6.49. I am $1000 upside down on the fz6r so u have to add that so the price they gave me was...12,800 for a '12.

I just called the dealer 50 miles away and he gave me an offer last week of 11,230 for an '11, which i think is still high for an '11 but meeting him tomorrow with my 6r to see what kind of deal i can get there. Basically my last attempt, if not ill wait, look at used or try to sell the 6r but if i do then the dealer will have a harder time to get me to deal i believe cuz they had their chance...

How much you owe? $1k upside down on Trade in value or if YOU sold it.? Always better to sell yourself.

Hmm... 6% or 6.5% still seems high, considering prime is like 3.25%. o_O

well, bike prices do vary by region and season. unfortunately, summer is when dealers have the most cards... but, be patient and stick to your budget. something eventually will present itself. don't let them try to sweet talk to into a bad deal.

Agreed. The GSXRs are SQUIDTASTIC and any loan rate above prime is just theft without a reach around.

Yamaha financed me at 0% for the FZ6R. Thanks Yamaha !

Back