Woodcraft Clip Ons

Myztkl-kev

I signed up to this forum just to look at pictures, I'm getting an FZ6R next year and this is the first thing I plan on doing to it, along with flush mount front signals and a fender eliminator. Thanks for all the great info and pictures guys!

reedsmith07

I installed Woodcraft clip-ons with 1.5 inch risers and have ridden with them for over a week now. I waited to post because I wanted to test them before commenting on them. They will not install under the triple clamp because of our clamp's design. Therefore the forks had to be raised just over 1.5 inches. I had reservations doing this as I feared it would affect the geometry too much. Thus far, I have experienced no headshake at all. With that said, These clip ons are awesome. They look great and the bike feels like a totally diferent bike. The stock bars are great if you want a sport-tourer or the comfort. I ride 60 plus miles daily about 90% interstate travel. These clip ons give you a more tucked in perch that keeps you out of the wind. The quality of craftsmanship of these is great and the customer service from Woodcraft is awesome. I originally ordered 2 inch risers because I wasn't sure if anything lower would clear the fairing. There was still some clearance so I ordered the 1.5 risers. Total cost plus shipping was $191. They are worth every penny. I deliberated long and hard between the Apex and these. The Apex appear to have more versatility as they are adjustable. However I liked the look of the Woodcraft. Thanks to Dakinechick and all the others who posted about your clip ons. Enclosed are pics. If anyone has any questions just ask. Enjoy!
How much did you raise the forks? says more than 1.5 so how much more? 1.75?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Big Ben

Woodcraft clip-ons for sale

I have a set of Woodcraft Clip-Ons for the FZ6R for sale. 41mm with 1.5" riser 7/8" tubes in black. If anyone is interested private message me.

Leviathan

Hey everyone, so im curious about the clip ons and the fitment they have with the bike. I ordered some (not woodcraft or apex's) off of ebay, cheap ones to see how it would be, and when they were installed i had multiple issues. First off being that the bike was much lower than it should have been, and would have scraped the horn on the smallest of bumps and secondly when turning the bars fully either direction my levers would bump the front cowling that sort of juts out towards you when riding when making a U turn the brake lever would hit the front cowling and engage the front brake). So basically im wondering as to if the woodcrafts are just install and go or if there will be any issues such as those mentioned above.
Thanks!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Ctsvboi91

What torque specs are you guys using on the woodcrafts?
Also do the forks need to sit flush on top with the clip ons?
I raised both my forks to 1.5 inches and the forks are not sitting flush by a little.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
clip ons look amazing but do you have any turning issues with your set up? like brake lever hitting the ferring or issues with clutch cable? i want to do this to my 2014 FZ6R

TexanFZ6R

clip ons look amazing but do you have any turning issues with your set up? like brake lever hitting the ferring or issues with clutch cable? i want to do this to my 2014 FZ6R
I've heard of several people claiming to have issues with the brake lever hitting the fairing by the windscreen. Mine clears (barely) but my clutch lever has to be pulled in to clear. Not a big deal. Minor inconvenience for what you're getting

MrFrzZ

I've heard of several people claiming to have issues with the brake lever hitting the fairing by the windscreen. Mine clears (barely) but my clutch lever has to be pulled in to clear. Not a big deal. Minor inconvenience for what you're getting
I had a slight issue with my throttle cable staying tight when at full lock to the left. I bent out the "cable keeper" under the triple and it freed up the cable to move and not bind. If I tighten the free play too much, it still binds, so I'm watching it. Other than that, my brakes and clutch fully clear the fairing, BUT they are not at the ideal angle for my wrists/ arms. Gotta pay to play I guess.