Woodcraft Clip Ons

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Neme

I've heard the same thing from others. Some say that it corners better, but is worse in straight line. Maybe I'll get the clip on's and add a lowering link later if I don't like the handling. I'll get some new grips and bar ends instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
It's much better in corners. I havrnt noticed a difference in a straight line. Maybe you may loose stability if you're going 100+ but our bikes aren't made for that to begin with. So I don't think there are any downfalls to lowering just the front. I wouldn't suggest dishing out the extra money for the link right off the bat. Lower the front see how you like it and then get the link if you still want it. Good luck! Again, these are just my opinions so you gotta try it out for yourself and see what you like.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Neme

Thanks I've wanted clip-ons pretty much since I bought the bike a year ago. I never liked the stock handlebars. I ordered my woodcrafts, heavy bar ends and spider grips. I should get them sometime next week. Any install tips?
If you have access to an air compressor it will make the grips slide right off, if not I hope you have patience. That's about it. It's very simple. Good luck and enjoy!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Vulpine

are you guys only lowering the front or the front and rear? I'm 6'2" and don't want to lower the rear its already low enough...
I lowered my front around 1.5 - 2 inches when I did this and loved the result. I didn't do 100+ mph so I never noticed any straight away issues. I sold the bike last September and am on a Harley Nightster now and am loving it...however I do miss the FZR sometimes. It was such a fun bike with an aggressive, cool look. Good luck with your mods.

ohteaze

hey im about to order these clip ons on sportbiketrackgear and its asking what size in mm. what size are they for the fz6r?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Synistah

If i was to take the bike to a shop how much would it usually cost me to have the front end lowered enough to use the Woodcraft clip ons with a 1.5mm rise?

What is the recommended amount to have the front lowered if i were to take it to a shop, I'm looking for a more forward riding position.

Also, Just to confirm.. Lower rise = more aggressive riding position? My main problem with the FZ6R is its fairly upright riding position.. I really like the feel of being leaned over just that little bit more.

Also, It may just be me but i was unable to find the FZ6R clip on kit from the woodcraft website.

Cheers

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Synistah

How much roughly would it cost if i wanted a mechanic to lower the front 1.5" for me so i can install the clip ons myself? Dont trust myself with lowering.

Also, I have heard people say after installing the clip ons that the bike (namely the exhaust) tends to bottom out over speed humps and such. Also that lowering the bike makes it unsafe to ride by messing with the handling and causing it to become unstable when cornering. Is this true?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Synistah

@Scott - Whats the riding position like as compared to stock? As mentioned above i am looking to do this to my bike and have it lowered 1.5" to accomodate for the clip ons.

Did you do the same in lowering, Do you find the bike stable?

I'm really looking to get atleast a slightly more forward position out of these bars as the stock are just far too upright for me.