Wheel Stripes

Y

yellowfz

How easy it is to install wheel stripes. Easy Peasy!!!!
Put the bike up on a homemade centerstand, cleaned the rims with soap and water, then used some alcohol for final cleaning, took the homemade stripping tool I made from some Oak wood and slowly rotated the wheel, took about 30 minutes for all four sides, piece of cake. Nice and even, looks professionally done. Look at 5565 picture in my links.
But then again I don't take the tank off for everything I do there either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

interested about the stand too? but you wouldn't have to have one to put on strips would you? I guess the left side of the rear might be a pain on the sidestand.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

interested about the stand too? but you wouldn't have to have one to put on strips would you? I guess the left side of the rear might be a pain on the sidestand.
I made a center stand just like the factory one to put the bike up on to do work on the bike. I made it out of some old tubing I had laying around and just copied one from the internet, same for the stripe tool. I used the holes in the frame made for the factory additional centerstand (look under the frame near each foot peg there is a bracket made for the factory centerstand), the FZ6 came with one, but ours Yama took it off and decided to sell it separately.
Even with the centerstand you have to weight, not much weight, the rear down to get the front to lift off the ground so it will rotate.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

I have a Venom rear stand. Haven't had the need for a front stand, but will pick one up soon. I was trying to decide between a headlift and forklift stand. I wanted to get one more for storage than anything right now. Rear stand comes in handy for chain cleaning.
Number 10 logo is red but it looks good don't you think?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Are the red ones that come with our bike reflective? i dont really ride at night and have never noticed. I was going to take off the tank to check but i thought someone might know LOL

CrazyCawi

hes trying to get into the fab 5.....