Rascal Grafik Review

2w05thletes

OK, I purchased my wheel stripes from Rascal Grafik's eBay store. Here's the link: Rascal Grafik White Reflective Strip Kit For 17 Wheels: eBay Motors (item 220664242977 end time Oct-03-10 15:35:54 PDT)

I personally love the look and the design of the stripes. I wanted something unique to my bike and reflective for safety. These stripes fit the bill. The following is a review.

Company

They were fantastic. I payed and my order was shipped the same day with email notification and tracking in my inbox. Extremely fast and efficient.

Packaging

The stripes came in a very hard cardboard tube. There was absolutely NO bending or creasing of anything inside the tube. The package came with everything they said it would. 17 stripes, 5 Rascal Grafik decals, and installation instructions.

Installation

Easy. Period. I did use Windex to ease the installation and allow me to align the stripes. Caution with this technique. Too much and you'll have to either wipe the back of the stripes or hold them in position until the Windex disappears. Too little and you won't be able to move the decals before they stick. Technique I found to be the most useful. MIST the top of the stripe. I'm talking like 12-18in away from the stripe misting. Take the stripe between your finger and thumb and wipe the Windex down the stripe. This was the most useful and usually provided about 15-30s worth of time to manipulate the stripe into the position I wanted. I then ran my thumb over the stripe to adhere it to the surface. I did leave the plastic covering on each stripe until the entire wheel was done. This allowed the stripe plenty of time to adhere to the surface.

Look

Personally? I love it. Couldn't be happier. Everything came out as I had hoped! :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Spunky99

So the graphics are decals?

I like the silver bar ends, white frame sliders with the white wheel stripes to offset all the black graphics on the fairing. Interesting and cool.:D

2w05thletes

So the graphics are decals?

I like the silver bar ends, white frame sliders with the white wheel stripes to offset all the black graphics on the fairing. Interesting and cool.:D
No, the stripes are just stripes, and the Rascal Grafik decals are more or less stickers to promote the company. You can see them at the top of the wheel. Bar ends are actually white, look silver though with the shadow. Did those myself. Couldn't find white ones anywhere. I thought the white really made the graphics on the bike pop! Thanks for the compliments!

Insure Gal

how did you do the bar ends? Want white myself!:thumbup:

2w05thletes

how did you do the bar ends? Want white myself!:thumbup:
I took vice-grip pliers and clamped the threads. Careful not to clamp too hard because the potential exists to mess the threads up. I then took a string and tied it to the end of the pliers and then secured that to the rail on my garage door. So that it's hanging. I very sparingly covered the bar-ends to avoid any excess running down and pooling at the tip. I took about 15-20 coats to cover. I lost track. The tips were tricky. I took another string and tied it to the tip of the pliers near the bar end; Then tied that to the garage door rail. So now the pliers are parallel to the floor. Then using the same technique as before spray the end.

It was long and tedious. But in the end I'm very happy with the result! Have fun!

Spunky99

Justin,

If you used Windex to wet down the rim and applied the "stripe decal" and could move it before you pressed out the liquid in between the stripe and the rim, this is considered a "water slide decal". Am I correct in how you applied it?

I did big FX6R decals for my rear cowl so other bikers would know what I was riding easily. Ya...R6 dudes don't bother, you can leave me in the dust....
I used water and could move it into position before I smoothed it out and used a soft cloth to squeegee the water out and after it dried it is on almost permanent.

2w05thletes

John,

Correct sir. That is the technique I used, lol, I didn't know there was an official name! Those stripes are definately NOT coming off or moving unless I want them to.

THEATH

I bought the tank pad from eBay. Fast shipping it was missing one of the stickers but I wasn't going to use it anyway. Color and graphics on the tank pad is awsome.

Botty12

I ordered a tank pad from rascal grafik's website march 21st.

I received a confirmation and payment email, assuring me that another email would follow with tracking information. I got a shipment email, with the shipment number and order number, but all it said was "air mail" without a tracking number! How am I supposed to know which company they used?? AND it's coming up on a month since I ordered it...I'm wondering why I'm not getting the same speedy service you did:(

Flipflash

Elite Member