What did you do to your bike today?

kma_jg

I washed the chain, back and front sprockets and the plastic covers on the front. Got all the old dirty grease off.
Now it is nice and clean with new chain lube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmlevy85

Just a nice little ride

My roommate and I took our bikes out for a ride up North to Newport Washington. It was about a 45 min ride there and then we had some lunch and came back. It was a cold and windy day so it was definitely good that it was short. Did about a hundred miles round trip

romulan

New Tires!!!! What a difference from the stock rubber. Only got to put about 300 k on em today but what a huge difference. Metzler sportec M5. Tomorrow I will take the head off the elephant!!!:sinister:

yellowFZ6r

Washed and cleaned my baby all up today. Also cleaned and lubed the chain, and now she is ready to roll.

b_who

Just put on about 300+ miles of hard canyon carving
got love the look of newly chewed tires :D

Chubz

Juice Box Pro

I received my Two Brother's Juice Box Pro and installed it, I decided to connect it to my laptop while the bike was running and noticed when I twist to full throttle the toptune software is only showing 82% instead of 100% is this happening to anyone else? Do i need to adjust anything?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chubz

Don't you guys have the "restricted version" over there? That might be it.
Its been de-restricted though, so Im thinking I mite need to look into throttle play, Its possible that I havnt seen my 6r at full potential.

Very Curious

Fenixgoon

this past saturday i did 150 miles of riding around. some absolutely wicked curves. my ass was sore, but it was a blast :thumbsup:

today i did 110 with a friend. she had a great time, and i was wayyyyy more comfortable with 2up than before :)

flyingminno

Well, I've been off my bike for about a month while I recovered from surgery. Yesterday I went on a nice long cruise, and today took her out and put new tired on! Michelin Pilot Roads 3!

OffTheClock

Well, I've been off my bike for about a month while I recovered from surgery. Yesterday I went on a nice long cruise, and today took her out and put new tired on! Michelin Pilot Roads 3!
Glad you are back out riding. I'm curious to know more about those Michelin Road 3 tires please give us an update once you have some mileage on them. I have been looking for new tires and so many opinions and choices, i must admit I am a little confused

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

So today I decided I think Im going to mod the rear subframe of my bike. Pretty sure yamaha was so stupid to make a sport touring bike and not an SS out of the fz6r.

The plan is to hack the rear and and squid it out a little, and ill probably add some front end emulators....I think itll hit hard in the corners and be super sweet. Plus Ill be able to wheelie better. Im excited...Im going to do it tonight with a case of beer and a chainsaw and some bondo. Ill have my friend take pictures though, but probably cant post em for a few weeks after its done....helps build anticipation right?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

AngryAnt

Got my stands back from someone who borrowed them. Put her on the stands, checked the oil, topped off the tires, put the suspension back just the way I like it, lubed the chain, and broke out the hair dryer and PB blaster and completely de-badged her on a whim.

I'm still cleaning off sticker residue, but I hope to get some decent pics this weekend after a wash :)

Spunky99

Disassembled all the plastics, fixed the crack in the front fairing (I hope). Changed plugs and put a few drops of oil into each cylinder for the first start in 2 years. Cleaned the engine, armor all'd all the hoses and plastics. Mounted my FZ6R front turn signals onto the Triumph without the rubber extensions. It came out slick as snot and cost nothing. I still have the rear signals in case I need them too. The originals fell apart and after 3 attempt to repair them I gave up. Used replacement ones are next to impossible to find and OEM signals are $140.00 each...The Yamaha signals look fine on the rear. Cleaned the air box, cleaned the throttle bodies and the butterfly valves.

Tomorrow is electrical test and hopefully I will find the open wire and start the engine.

C

cam7777

Today, I changed my tail light from stock to an LED.

Here is the original..

I removed the seat and removed the grab rail..

Removed the plastic lugs by pressing in the centre pin

Undone the 3 pozi screws which hold the tail light in place..

Reassembled and tested..

Spunky99

Today, I figured out the electrical problem that has plagued me for 6 months and I started my bike for the first time and it sounded perfect.
Rode it up and down the street to make sure it shifted and was pleasantly surprised it doesn't shift like an FX6R. It is like butter and first gear is even taller than a +1 up front on the FZ6R. It feels like a 1000 cc Ducati on takeoff as it has that chug of a 2 cylinder with the smoother feel of a 4 cylinder. I'm liking it.
Installed the alarm system and the new neutral sensor.
:iconbeer:

Fenixgoon

rode home today from NJ to MD. about 200 miles. it was COLD in the morning when i started out. 40deg air temp, feels like 20-25 at interstate speeds. by the afternoon it was plenty warm though.

i am seriously tired though. i have no desire to do anything the rest of today.