What did you do to your bike today?

cjsFZ6R

Today I took my friend out to the school I learned to ride at a few years ago and started teaching him to ride! He had never ridden before and he LOVED it! He was all bummed out when I said we had to go get gas but we could come back tomorrow. He wants to get up early and meet me there to go for a ride… MSF course here he comes! Can’t wait to help him pick out a new bike, I’m pulling for another FZ6R.. Before that I took my baby bike out on an hr ride with a an old friend from back in the Army. Today was a good day

Rookasaki

Today my roommate and I went on an awesome ride around Lake Coeur D'alene. It was about 75+ degrees all day. We left our place in Spokane and road over to have breakfast then headed out. There are some great twisty's along the back side and just great roads...until we hit the stretch between St. Maries and Plummer. It was loose gravel for 18 miles.:mad: Nothin like an hour of going 25 miles an hour in traffic on marbles to mess up a ride. We made it through and it was smooth sailing the rest of the way. Stop back in Coeur D'alene to grab a quick snack and then we headed home. Did about 200 miles total round trip.:thumbup: And I hit the triple digits for the first time. It was awesome.:D

All in all not a bad day for a thursday. I attached a couple of pics from the ride. The blue FZ is mine and the orange Kawasaki is my roommates. We both got them a couple of months back. The pics of the ground is evidence of that gravel. And the last one is a pic from when we stopped in the afternoon. You can see our bikes across the street and the closer black one is the first FZ6R that I have seen other than mine out of the show room. Just happened to park there.
Dude, you're not kidding about the gravel... holy hell! Congrats on the triple digits :)

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

kvc25

Today I tried to put my zx6r mirrors on, but unfortunately, it was an EPIC FAIL. Couldn't find my 10mm socket to get the mirror bolt off, so drove to home depot to buy another one. Got home and realized I needed a ratchet extension, so I ran down to the autozone to get one right before they closed. Had a choice between a 1-3/4 or a 3 inch extension, and chose the 1-3/4 (frustration level is around a 4 at this point). Ran back home and found out that I should have chosen the 3" extension. So since the nearby autozone just closed, I drove to one 10 minutes away since they were still open. Got there, went in and of course they were out of the 3" extension (frustration level is now a 7). So I just returned the one I had and drove back to home depot, only to find that they don't sell individual socket extensions, only a combo 3-pack (frustration level hits 9). Drove back home empty handed and found my bike all wet from next door neighbor's kids playing with the water hose (frustration level is full blown 10 now). Tomorrow had better only be good news, or I'm going to lose it.

Rookasaki

Today I tried to put my zx6r mirrors on, but unfortunately, it was an EPIC FAIL. Couldn't find my 10mm socket to get the mirror bolt off, so drove to home depot to buy another one. Got home and realized I needed a ratchet extension, so I ran down to the autozone to get one right before they closed. Had a choice between a 1-3/4 or a 3 inch extension, and chose the 1-3/4 (frustration level is around a 4 at this point). Ran back home and found out that I should have chosen the 3" extension. So since the nearby autozone just closed, I drove to one 10 minutes away since they were still open. Got there, went in and of course they were out of the 3" extension (frustration level is now a 7). So I just returned the one I had and drove back to home depot, only to find that they don't sell individual socket extensions, only a combo 3-pack (frustration level hits 9). Drove back home empty handed and found my bike all wet from next door neighbor's kids playing with the water hose (frustration level is full blown 10 now). Tomorrow had better only be good news, or I'm going to lose it.
:surrender: dang, bad day!

Skirat

Took a ride today. It was 100º yesterday and was in the 80's at home when I left at 9:30. By the time I got out to the mountains 45 minutes later it was cool and freaking raining on me! WTF? It's July in San Diego. It's not supposed to be raining. :confused:
Was going to ask where in the hell in San Diego you lived because I didn't see any of that but then caught the Lakeside part. Weather was pretty nice by the water. Rode along the coast up through Del Mar to visit relatives in Vista and back down to San Diego yesterday. Loved it!

Spunky99

Installed the SkyKing frame sliders today and sanded the silver front cowl and fender. Primed the fender and fixed the crack in the cowl.
Tomorrow I prime the cowl, paint the fender and hopefully start this beast.

24KMACH

Yesterday I went for a 100 mile ride to Mount Rainer. I stopped in Elby at a small grocery store. I asked to old dudes sitting in chairs "where is the rest room?" They said "we don't have one". I said thanks for nothing and left. Yes folks, a-holes are still out there.

AngryAnt

I installed a 12v plug on my bike, about to finish putting everything back together and take it for a spin.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rookasaki

Sync my throttle, remove Auto-Tune since the map is all good. Clean her up, check oil level and plug up O2 sensor in the exhaust. She's ready for another work week. I should get my wheel strip this week. Getting pretty much done with my mod... next is the seat.
wheel strip... You will have to post pics. where did you order from?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

chewmieser

Went to do the 600mi service today. Drained the oil and realized that my filter wrenches weren't gonna do the job this time. Since my dealer was closed, bought one at Walmart, which didn't work. Went back out and guessed which one would fit at AutoZone (they were useless, but whatever). Guessed right and attempted to take it off... That sucked. Became frustrated and searched the forums and lo-and-behold suggestions popped up. Sandpaper + the wrench worked like a champ!

Shouldn't have taken this long, but it's done. Now I'm :iconbeer:. Tomorrow I'll continue the service...

Mitch21

Put on Targa Fender Eliminator, took a couple hours due to first time actually taking apart and looking at the rear section. Anyway the install didnt really go to plan but it gone done in the end and looks pretty cool. Not bad for $75.

AngryAnt

Today I geared up, and rode out to my parents house (about 45 miles), first time on the interstate with the 6R. Pain in my hands are slowly getting better I think over time, I didn't have any numbness riding on the interstate, but I did coming back through the back twisties. Maybe it's the vibes from the lower quality roads? :confused:

Rolled over mile 350, which doesn't seem like much, but considering I put 1000 miles in 1 year on my last bike, not too bad. On the way out I decided to top off the tank at a gas station where I saw a ton of bikes parked. Saw a CBR 1000, a R6, a gixxer, and a ton of Harley's. The Harley crew was a patched / tattooed / leathered out group that was less than friendly to say the least, the sport guys, while undergeared, were at least friendly. I got major compliments from a cager on my bike, while standing next to a very large patched out Harley guy that he didn't say anything to, I think I got a couple dirty glances...

I wanted to try my crampbuster, and sure enough, I couldn't find it when I needed it. Go figure. I did however use ear plugs both ways, and that made a huge difference. Lastly, I put in my order for Icon Twenty Niner gloves today and a dark smoke Puig Racing windscreen after not liking getting punched in the head by the wind on the interstate :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member