Well after a week of hell i'm back guys! With some new pics of the 675 :)

iSpoolin

Well so after a car crash (not me) that caused a TOTAL blackout for 3 days the past week, that had everything for a 10 block radius shutdown, of course my apartment was included :mad:, this just happened to be on the most useful 10 blocks in the town, everything is there, restaurants, walmart, mall, post office, etc etc. It was utter bullshit for 3 days because two kids were trying to street race, I watched it happen, one kid in a white 350z and the other kid in a tiburon GT lol, the guy in the 350 could actually drive though. Anyway, kid in the tiburon took a marked 25 at about 65-70 and rolled it into a telephone pole. He was fine amazingly. The internets been down since TUESDAY! They got the power back on Friday, but without internet most places can't do shit anymore. So needless to say the last week sucked because it rained nearly everyday and all I had to do was sit there and play old xbox games haha

However I did get my techspec Gripster tank pads for the 675 and my custom cut dedication decal for my dad in last monday so I got to put those on, I have the center pad to, but I need some adhesive remover to get the glue from the tank pad the previous owner had on the bike off, and with no internet advance auto can't make a sell!:rant: anyway, heres some pictures, remember i'm no photographer, so don't hate :D

Some of the pics do include the FZ6R, still keeping her for the time being, my girl wants to ride, however I think the bikes just to big for her. So we'll see if she can handle it after I install the lowering link and kickstand for her, and if not it'll either be a streetfighter project, or go to the highest bidder.

Dedication Decal to my father, Reads "Rider be guided by the fathers hand" R.I.P. Ronald Irick

This I just found to be a cool shot haha

The Triumph is a whole other world compared to the FZ6R, I haven't had it over 50% throttle yet, and even at that it will pin your ass the stop bad at the front of the pillion seat. 50% throttle in first and second gear and she will bring the front wheel up! Cornering is just a whole other monster, i'm sorry but its not even comparable to the FZ, in the ease of cornering that is, both corner great,but the Daytona seriously just falls into the curves, and it is SO much easier to cling to the bike when hanging off. I have no where near pushed this bike to its limit and I honestly probably never will, but I enjoy it greatly. Anytime I saddle up on her it puts a grin on my face. I will be writing a long review on the bike after i've ridden about 1000 miles, i'm at 430 right now, so be on the look out for that!

ksanbon

It's beautiful, and I especially like the gray. Congrats!!

As for the power outage, things like that make me appreciate when things are normal.

cloudfire

Ok, I did a search through your posts and haven't found the answers yet. What mods are on the FZ6R. I'm especially interested in the flush mount signals and FE.

iSpoolin

Ok, I did a search through your posts and haven't found the answers yet. What mods are on the FZ6R. I'm especially interested in the flush mount signals and FE.
R6s Mirrors, GYTR Smoked DB windscreen, Krypton 5k HIDs, Ebay levers, Universal Flush mounts turns (on Motorcycle superstore for 24$, but they were on the bike when I got it), T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders, Fender eliminator is just something fabbed up by the first owner, and TunerX smoked intergrated taillight

CDN6R

Spoolin,,, you are a very lucky man to have a good father to make a dedication decal like that. I am sure that your Dad is in heaven smilin at you and watching over you when you ride. I am envious cause my Dad was absusive and to this day I cannot bring myself to say anything positive about him. As I said you are a very lucky man,,,,:thumbup:

Cmltoe

Two beautiful bikes! You're a lucky man. The 675 is what I already have my sights set on and I've only got 300 miles on the FZ. After seeing how nice you made your FZ look, I may have to stick with it for longer than I thought and make some mods. Two weeks ago when I bought the bike, I told my brother "I'm not making any mods, I just want to ride." He said, I'll talk to you in two months......It only took two weeks!:D

TigerGenetics

Absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on the sweet bike! Beautiful color too.

CrazyCawi

Im jealous, I really want a 675 triple, a guy by my work has one and omg I cream myself when the bike flys by!~

BUTTTT Im prolly going to end up with a k1600GTL instead...We'll see

JonKerr

Elite Member

iSpoolin

Spoolin,,, you are a very lucky man to have a good father to make a dedication decal like that. I am sure that your Dad is in heaven smilin at you and watching over you when you ride. I am envious cause my Dad was absusive and to this day I cannot bring myself to say anything positive about him. As I said you are a very lucky man,,,,:thumbup:
Thank you! he was a very great man, always made sure I had the best life he could possibly give me, and did the same for everyone else!

Two beautiful bikes! You're a lucky man. The 675 is what I already have my sights set on and I've only got 300 miles on the FZ. After seeing how nice you made your FZ look, I may have to stick with it for longer than I thought and make some mods. Two weeks ago when I bought the bike, I told my brother "I'm not making any mods, I just want to ride." He said, I'll talk to you in two months......It only took two weeks!:D
I knew I wanted a 675 before I even bought my FZ, but 300 miles is way to soon for you to actually trade in lol, the FZ is a great bike, keep riding her and you'll be impressed for a long time!

Absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on the sweet bike! Beautiful color too.
Thank You!

Im jealous, I really want a 675 triple, a guy by my work has one and omg I cream myself when the bike flys by!~

BUTTTT Im prolly going to end up with a k1600GTL instead...We'll see
If you love the sound of one flying by, way until you throw your leg over one and let that three cylinder howl from 8-14k, god its amazing haha, and If I was you, get the bike you really want! or you'll never be satisfied.

Check out them chicken strips!! LOL :justkidding: Seriously, I'm very jealous. I've liked the 675's since the first time I rode with a friend who had one.
haha I know man! sadly the last owner had some pretty bad strips on the tires, I don't think he ever took a turn on the thing :lol: I'm wearing them away slowly, i'm using about the equivalent of a 160 rear tire right now, I never really get over THAT far though, like I learned from you and many others, chicken strips don't mean your a worst rider, most likely just means proper riding position is being used :)

Pretty sick. I like it!
Thanks!

e.blackadder

Very nice! Congrats!

BTW, how is the comfort? My neighbor has 675 and doesn't ride it much. I asked him and he said that it's the greatest thing since the sliced bread, but only for short rides. He's only in mid-20's and looks fit.

JonKerr

Elite Member

iSpoolin

You knew I was going to have to give you crap about it though! lol. There was a guy giving me crap the other day because I still have about 1/4" or so on my rear until I showed him the scuff on my knee puck from that morning. ;)
Yeah man, I have people give me shit on this bike all the time, then they ride with me and can't keep up haha its pretty amusing to show people that think lean is everything what proper position can do, and i'm no pro of course but still.

Very nice! Congrats!

BTW, how is the comfort? My neighbor has 675 and doesn't ride it much. I asked him and he said that it's the greatest thing since the sliced bread, but only for short rides. He's only in mid-20's and looks fit.
Thanks! and I myself am 20 years old, In great shape, but I really don't think that has anything to do with it. I am 5'9" and 174 lbs, The bike fits me, I fall right into the perfect riding position when i'm on it. Yes it is a little extreme of a position, I'll take some pics later if I can, but take it this way your so layed down on the daytona that your back is basically level with the pillion seat.

Its no where near comfortable around town, I ride to a local car meet about every night, Ive only took the daytona once to show it off, and everytime after that i've took the FZ. The daytonas a track bike, its not meant to be in city traffic.