Things I don't like about our FZ6R

Skidro

I must be easy to please.

I have over 31,000 miles on the bike in 3 years and don't really have any complaints about the bike. I like the way it looks or i wouldn't have bought it, and have had nothing but compliments about the bike from the beginning.

The only mod I've done or will do is reflective wheel tape...lol

Pinarello Rider

Just the stock exhaust shits me and expensive to modify.
It's a learner bike boys and girls the rest is to be expected.
btw - How the hell are you all hitting the horn???? It's completely out of the way.
In order to use the turn signal, you have to pass your thumb up and over the horn button. Maybe my hands and/or fingers are small, but my thumb will frequently hit the button on the way up or down. I signal for every turn and lane change - it would be less of a problem, but I kinda follow the laws pretty closely...:mad:

It also sticks out enough that when riding, if I use that hand to adjust anything, when I put it back, if I am off the mark by even a little bit, the horn gets it. It's not the end of the world, and not a reason to not love the bike, it's a little annoying at times if you're sitting in traffic and the douche in the lifted pickup truck bellowing black diesel fumes out of the custom exhaust thinks you're honking at him.

Last edited:

yillbs

I don't like that the shifter peg is to much even with the left foot peg. I feel like I have to manuever my foot to get under the shifter... maybe it's just me , but generally it's not quite as troublesome.

:D

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

I don't like that the shifter peg is to much even with the left foot peg. I feel like I have to manuever my foot to get under the shifter... maybe it's just me , but generally it's not quite as troublesome.

:D
You can adjust it :)
Totally - that was my first adjustment. I'll see if I can find the thread - someone took some good pictures and added circles to show you exactly how to do it.

Here we are: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f9/boots-shifter-positioning-29495/index3.html

latony007

changes

I never have a problem with the horn. The seat is not the most comfortable but I have nothing to compare it with. Love the sound, sounds like a jet engine and is quiet. If I wanted to let every neighbor on the block know when I was coming or going I would have over paid for one of those Harley POSs :) The stock front turn signals stick out way to far. They should steal the ones from the Ninja.

I can tell you two things this bike is missing for SURE. One is hazard lights, I thought for sure you had to have them in CA but I guess not. Luckily the bike is new so im not worried about needing them soon but I do want to do something about it eventually. I saw one place that makes a flasher relay that will do it but it was over $100. Second thing would be timers on the blinkers, be nice if they timed out after 30 or 45 seconds for idiots like me who leave them on all the time.

glorp

amen on the leaving signals on , the indicator on this bike is pretty small and its tucked behind my gps mount.
i will be adding a small buzzer to the wiring once i bolt on all the other farkles i have for my new bike

latony007

one more thing

Oh one more thing I hate, I know you guys probably think this is a newb complaint but how much extra would it have cost to add a gear indicator to the display? my buddies street triple came with it so being an idiot I just assumed all new bikes with digital displays would have it. ooopps.

2013 Fz6r satin

Oh one more thing I hate, I know you guys probably think this is a newb complaint but how much extra would it have cost to add a gear indicator to the display? my buddies street triple came with it so being an idiot I just assumed all new bikes with digital displays would have it. ooopps.
it would have been a nice feature...

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

bmw675

It's a trade off. The street triple doesn't have a fuel gauge. Why, I don't know.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member