Things I don't like about our FZ6R

Griff88

I haven't ridden my bike yet due to not having a license but the uk bikes have a hazard switch. Maybe looking uk ebay for left hand switchgear.

Maybe a quick, cheap mod for those who want it

Griff88

Just looked and can get a switchgear for £20plus £8 postage.

Maybe worth a message to get price to ship to usa

Pinarello Rider

i would, comparing how often i shift to 7th vs how often i ran out of gas on a bike with neither
That is a fantastic point... I can't tell you how many times I've tried to shift into 7th. But then again, who knows how many times you would have run out of gas while staying in 6th...? ;)

redryder64

it's a little annoying at times if you're sitting in traffic and the douche in the lifted pickup truck bellowing black diesel fumes out of the custom exhaust thinks you're honking at him.

I didn't know you were honking at me! An that's my 6R in the back of that lifted pickup! LOL!

ylwf3vr

Not sure if this qualifies for this thread but is there anything on this bike I should keep an eye out for? I'm approaching 8800 miles..

What I'm getting at is.. for example, my old 2007 Suzuki S-40 is notorious for having cheap/bad cam chain adjuster. So it was a matter of time that the stock one will get extended too much and will start to rattle and fail. A member on that forum made a custom, more reliable adjuster for all members.

Anything like that on this bike?

latony007

Just looked and can get a switchgear for £20plus £8 postage.

Maybe worth a message to get price to ship to usa
can you send me a link to check that out?
you just searched switchgear?

latony007

Not sure if this qualifies for this thread but is there anything on this bike I should keep an eye out for? I'm approaching 8800 miles..

What I'm getting at is.. for example, my old 2007 Suzuki S-40 is notorious for having cheap/bad cam chain adjuster. So it was a matter of time that the stock one will get extended too much and will start to rattle and fail. A member on that forum made a custom, more reliable adjuster for all members.

Anything like that on this bike?
hmm I have an S-40. I should join that forum too. haven't had any problems with it yet but its only got about 3600 miles on it. Not much mods on it, not that I ever had a big desire to asside from I did change grips, add a windshield and saddlebags. I really only use it when the wife or kid wants to go for a ride.

VRIIClubby

totally agree with the Horn issue! Im always hitting it, bloody annoying!

Other than that no real issues, things like the swingarm etc are why the bike is in its pricepoint, cant really complain about that!