The Walking Dead TV series on AMC

JSP

Super Moderator
Absolutely!!! Love it! :zombie:

Have you read the comics??? If not DEFINITELY DO! They are so much more darker and hardcore. I have read up through comic 86 I believe. Some crazy shit. The show somewhat follows along with the comic but there is so much more in the comic and lots of differences too.

Spunky99

My Daughter is 7 and here with her Mom from Indonesia since June 2011. She is still learning English and I played the whole series 1 from Netflix in December.

When we tease each other, she calls me "Zombie cannot walking", referring to the female zombie pulling herself in the park. Love the show.

Last edited:

Rookasaki

Absolutely!!! Love it! :zombie:

Have you read the comics??? If not DEFINITELY DO! They are so much more darker and hardcore. I have read up through comic 86 I believe. Some crazy shit. The show somewhat follows along with the comic but there is so much more in the comic and lots of differences too.
Cool, I'll have to check them out! :thumbup:

Rookasaki

My Daughter is 7 and here with her Mom from Indonesia since June 2011. She is still learning English and I played the whole series 1 from Netflix in December.

When we tease each other, she calls me "Zombie cannot walking", referring to the female zombie pulling herself in the park. Love the show.

haha :thumbup:

SAFE-T

If Zombies don't have to eat to survive, why do they chase people and eat them ? If they need to eat the brains of non-zombies to survive, wouldn't they run out of them pretty fast ?

I understand the drama is captivating, but the premise is more than a little retarded.

Spunky99

If Zombies don't have to eat to survive, why do they chase people and eat them ? If they need to eat the brains of non-zombies to survive, wouldn't they run out of them pretty fast ?

I understand the drama is captivating, but the premise is more than a little retarded.
It's like the old Harley motto. "Ride to live, live to ride".
Is the biker gonna die if he doesn't ride?...NO
Does the biker ride to live?...NO

The Zombies will eat living flesh if it is available, not just humans or brains. Otherwise they are just decaying shells with only a small part of the brain active to allow them mobility but no personality or memories.

At least the acting is better than in Terra Nova..but having said that, Hollywood is really making mostly crap these days.

Rookasaki

They need to snack! :zombie:

Y

yellowfz

"Otherwise they are just decaying shells with only a small part of the brain active to allow them mobility but no personality or memories." === Describes 90% of the US population .
No wonder it appeals to people , they can relate . :)

The cult classic is "Night of the living dead" , "There coming to get you Barbara!"

Read somewhere Vampires and Werewolves were on the way out and Zombies were the next big thing to be coming around again . Must be true .

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

killabee

I fell in love with the show when I watched the first season episode.

cavcuz05

Watched the first season and thought it was great however, after watching many zombie movies and im sure the fictional charters have aswell why the hell would you set camp out in the wildrness...DUMB...there was a special on history i think called how to survive a zombie attack...they had experts and everything so makes me wonder if they DO exists...lol...:zombie:

applejax

Watched the first season and thought it was great however, after watching many zombie movies and im sure the fictional charters have aswell why the hell would you set camp out in the wildrness...DUMB...there was a special on history i think called how to survive a zombie attack...they had experts and everything so makes me wonder if they DO exists...lol...:zombie:
They just know the "walkers" are dead. They don't know them as zombies,like we do, because they never heard of that word before not what a zombie is.

I always take zombie movies as if the fictional characters have no idea what a zombie is. First time experiencing that type of creature without prior zombie movie knowledge, would lead to some of the decisions they make/made.

Out in the wilderness is better than being in s city with 100s of walkers around you constantly.

cavcuz05

They just know the "walkers" are dead. They don't know them as zombies,like we do, because they never heard of that word before not what a zombie is.

I always take zombie movies as if the fictional characters have no idea what a zombie is. First time experiencing that type of creature without prior zombie movie knowledge, would lead to some of the decisions they make/made.

Out in the wilderness is better than being in s city with 100s of walkers around you constantly.
true but i remember in dawn of the dead they where held up in a Mall quite good...unlike this one where they were shooting them from the roofs and drawing them in...being in shelter according to the experts is best but i do agree with you about being in the city...I would hold up in a mall myself or a place that would have provisions and secure doors...Honestly though if it were to acutally happen i would want them to be like that will smith movie where they would only come out at night