Sold my bike... (again). But good news, Buying A House!

latony007

Some pics of the place.

Has forced gas heat WITH AC. Very happy about that.

Hard wood floors, NEW carpet, paint, etc.
Very cool man, love the porch. Love hardwood except the noise, i have it too.

What bike are you after next? Gone from the most intro of intro cruisers rebel 250 to the fz6r whats next? Ninja 1k? i started on a suzuki 650 cruiser and then the yamaha then upgraded my cruiser to a larger c50. i really want a spyder. My brother has one its a lot of fun and handles really well, much safer and so much easier for a quick trip to the store etc. but 2x-3x more than the fz6r in price depending on the model.

JSP

Super Moderator
Very cool man, love the porch. Love hardwood except the noise, i have it too.

What bike are you after next? Gone from the most intro of intro cruisers rebel 250 to the fz6r whats next? Ninja 1k? i started on a suzuki 650 cruiser and then the yamaha then upgraded my cruiser to a larger c50. i really want a spyder. My brother has one its a lot of fun and handles really well, much safer and so much easier for a quick trip to the store etc. but 2x-3x more than the fz6r in price depending on the model.
Oh it didnt stop at the 6R... I went from the rebel, to the FZ6R, to a R6, to FZ8, to Bandit 1200 (What i just sold). Next step up would be what... a Busa? ;):D

I'm not quite sure what I want. I think I am gravitating back to a full super sport like the R6. Will be buying cash outright, used... so probably an older R6/R1, CBR, etc... I rather enjoyed the R6 and how she screamed when I pushed her :cool:

Oh, the house has built in sprinkler system too.

It was crazy. We listed out everything we wanted in a house.

Gas heat
AC
Hardwood floors
Fenced yard
2 car garage
3 bed
2 bath

This has everything we wanted and were going to add to whatever house we got. Saved us a ton of money already having it too. The colors of the house, everything was perfect. Well, the kitchen we are not too hot about but that's an easy change. We will let it settle on us and see how we feel. Not much of a yellow fan.

This was listed on CL as a for sale by owner. Was not even looking on CL. Was not on any of the housing sites. My mom actually found it for us. This thing is a palace compared to everything else out there we could find in our price range. Really surprised we got accepted. Thought it would go into some bidding war which I said I wasnt going to do. Made our offer and they took it. Wife and kid are super excited.

Last edited:

Bert-Aus

Congrats Jay!
Nothing better than knowing that your money is paying off your mortgage, rather than someone elses
Bikes come & go, but a home for your family is worth it

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

JSP

Super Moderator
Congrats Jay!
Nothing better than knowing that your money is paying off your mortgage, rather than someone elses
Bikes come & go, but a home for your family is worth it

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Thanks bud!

Yes they do! Seems quite often for me ;)

Looking forward to the next one.

abyss1406

congrats on the sale and house man

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Congrats man!! Can't wait to see this place in person! It'll be nice to be able to hangout again!! Does kinda suck about the bike though, but I know you'll get another one soon!
Thanks! My lease is up 6/30. So I will be moving in that last week of June. Trying to set closing a hair before then so I dont have to move in just 1 day.

My parents are actually buying a house as well in Redmond. Up off of Negus. They can run but they cant hide! :D

If not this year for a bike, definitely next. Need to get one though. You crash when I'm not around apparently! :D Kidding, kidding!

JSP

Super Moderator
Inspection is getting done today. Appraisal has been ordered and should be done sometime early next week. That is my biggest worry right now. Hope it appraises. There is nothing even comparable for the price in the area. But past sales just a couple months ago were in the tank. Just now coming up again. We'll see! Wish me luck. If all goes well, we should close the middle of next month. We'll see how nasty underwriting will be when they get the file after the appraisal. :surrender:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Is it an independent appraiser or someone that was suggested and knows about the property?
From my understanding after this last housing crash, they have to use appraisers out of a "pool". They may not even be from this area. Which is scary.

They know what the contract price is for though.

bmw675

From my understanding after this last housing crash, they have to use appraisers out of a "pool". They may not even be from this area. Which is scary.

They know what the contract price is for though.
If it's anything like around here, it'll pass.
I kid you not, I've seen this happen numerous times, including a couple times for me: the last time the bank had the appraiser come out, and he asks either the seller in a general conversation, "nice house, can I ask how much they paid?"

Miraculously it appraised $500 over what I paid.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Inspection came back good. Just a few really minor things to take care of. Now the wait for the appraisal. :zombie: Going to be a looooooong week or so. Hopefully find out early/mid week next week.

JSP

Super Moderator
Appraisal was done today. Wont know the final answer/value until Thursday most likely. I am a mess waiting for all this stuff. I have absolutely ZERO patience at all. I think i've bitten off all of my finger nails, cant sleep... :zombie:

My file is in underwriting now and so far no issues have been brought to my attention... Once the appraisal comes back Thurs. we should be good to go if no issues. Then it will go to USDA underwriting (USDA Loan) and that is just a verification of the first underwriting I believe.

Ugh... Cant wait for this to all be done with!!!

latony007

Appraisal was done today. Wont know the final answer/value until Thursday most likely. I am a mess waiting for all this stuff. I have absolutely ZERO patience at all. I think i've bitten off all of my finger nails, cant sleep... :zombie:

My file is in underwriting now and so far no issues have been brought to my attention... Once the appraisal comes back Thurs. we should be good to go if no issues. Then it will go to USDA underwriting (USDA Loan) and that is just a verification of the first underwriting I believe.

Ugh... Cant wait for this to all be done with!!!
Really i can't decide which is worse, banks, insurance or lawyers. Probably insurance.

JSP

Super Moderator
Really i can't decide which is worse, banks, insurance or lawyers. Probably insurance.
So far, despite my want to buy and move into a house in ONE day... ;) My loan officer has been awesome. She has been great to deal with. Upfront, planned far ahead and got anything and everything she would think underwriting would need (she used to be an underwriter). I wont throw any praise or trash at the underwriters yet until we are past that point. :cool:

Banks in general though, yeah... I have a few (no make that a metric butt load) of things to say about E*Trade. Vile, clueless, scum.

My realtor has been amazing as well. We know a few people through association and she has invited us and my daughter to their ranch to ride their horses. Doing the work of 2 agents and is on the ball.

Insurance wise, I have had nothing but awesome service from mine through the years. Great price, great people, great pay out when I wreck and crash my things... :rolleyes:

Lawyers... well, yeah. Bastards... (until you need one) :D Well, the one time I needed one, they decided NOT to show up to court for me haha. :surrender:

JSP

Super Moderator
Got conditional approval through underwriting! Just need a school loan doc from my wife which is no biggie and then waiting on the appraisal. Then we GOOOOOD. Just to USDA underwriting after that. Exciting.

Also, she got our rate down lower and locked in now. 4.25%. Very happy with that! :D Should find out about the appraisal today maybe, tomorrow at the latest most likely.

JSP

Super Moderator
Drum roll please..................................

Appraisal is gooooooooood! :D:thumbup::iconbeer::cheer::wav::rockon::america::Sport::noworries::bow::mikebike::beer::hug::drool::smoking::sinister:

Should get final approval on Friday. Then to USDA for verification approval (which will take a couple weeks) But the hard stuff is OVER!. Woo Hoooooo!

Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member