Sold my bike... (again). But good news, Buying A House!

JSP

Super Moderator
I know... I know... Bike whore. Cant seem to keep a bike for more than a year. 5 bikes in 5 years now I think? :D

Anyways, I sold it for $400 more than I paid for it a year ago :cool: Kinda the same deal with the FZ8. Sold that one for what I paid for it a year before. I am just doing year long free demos on these bikes :rolleyes: Cant complain with that... :p

This definitely hurt to sell, I loved that bike... BUT we needed the money towards a down payment on a house. Which brings me to my next news.

Made an offer on a house and they accepted. Dealing with the loan process now. Already have pre-approval. Will be pretty close neighbors to Tatty now. :eek:

Not a huge place, but its much nicer than our townhouse where we are. 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath, 2 car garage, fenced yard for the dog and kid, real nice landscaping, etc. About 1300 sq. ft. Perfect size for our needs. The extra bedroom will be awesome for a computer room/guest room. 2 car garage is huge compared to my little one car I have now. Ping pong or Pool table in the future! Its a bit farther from my work but no biggie (20 minute commute instead of the 10 minute I have now). Will be nice to have something that is ours. (well, for the most part ours :))

I'll have another bike by the end of the year or beginning of next year. Will focus on fishing, hiking, mountain biking, hunting, camping, etc this year I think. Gotta get Tatty on my boat and get him into some fish.

Hope it all works out! Exciting and scary at the same time. We owned a townhouse in VA so we are not new to the process, but still scary.

Wish us luck!

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ksanbon

Congrats J!
Buying the house is a good move.
Living w/o a bke will make you appreciate the next one that much more. I can hardly wait to see what you get next...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Buys bigger place with bigger garage for man toys... gets rid of man toy to free up cash... lol

Congrats Jay! Always nice to own a house
Haha, yeah thats funny. :D I have room for my boat now though. My dad will be super happy to get it out of his garage. I will have a little side fenced area it will fit in now.

Sad for the bike but CONGRATS on the house bro! ! Now the inspection? What kind of close did you set up? 30 day?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.
Inspection is coming up soon. Working out all the other details as well now.

Thanks!

konigralph

Congrats! Nice to see someone picking up property and moving on up in life. It's definitely in the works for me too, slowly saving for it all.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Congrats on the house, but I don't envy the pang you'll feel every time you hear/see a nice bike go by. :D
Oh yeah.. .I'm sure Tatty will bring his bike every time he comes over just to rub it in haha.

We will see how it all goes. Lender told me about a grant or something today to pay up to $4k of my closing costs. That would uhm... be awesome. :thumbup:

latony007

Oh yeah.. .I'm sure Tatty will bring his bike every time he comes over just to rub it in haha.

We will see how it all goes. Lender told me about a grant or something today to pay up to $4k of my closing costs. That would uhm... be awesome. :thumbup:
thats funny because i was curious how much of a difference 4k (guess at what you sold bike for) could make on a down payment for a house. Id keep that baby :)

Congrats to you though, house buying is very exciting and the move in and making it your own is well, like moding your bike to make it your own :)

JSP

Super Moderator
thats funny because i was curious how much of a difference 4k (guess at what you sold bike for) could make on a down payment for a house. Id keep that baby :)

Congrats to you though, house buying is very exciting and the move in and making it your own is well, like moding your bike to make it your own :)
Not so much a down payment, but more to cover my out of pocket expenses for closing, appraisal, inspection, etc.

BUT, if I can get this grant thing, that would cover all that. Wife of course will want to make some changes and personal touches to the house with my new found money, but... Yeah. We'll see.

Yeah, it does not make a terrible difference in our monthly payment, but when you look at it with interest over the 30 years... It adds. up.

latony007

Not so much a down payment, but more to cover my out of pocket expenses for closing, appraisal, inspection, etc.

BUT, if I can get this grant thing, that would cover all that. Wife of course will want to make some changes and personal touches to the house with my new found money, but... Yeah. We'll see.

Yeah, it does not make a terrible difference in our monthly payment, but when you look at it with interest over the 30 years... It adds. up.
i totally hear you, but just warning you now its going to be much harder to get another one later. Once you have a house it starts sucking money out of you instantly and you find the available funds for something like that not as available. Especially when your married :)

bmw675

i totally hear you, but just warning you now its going to be much harder to get another one later. Once you have a house it starts sucking money out of you instantly and you find the available funds for something like that not as available. Especially when your married :)
There is ALWAYS motorcycle money!

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Oh trust me I know. Been married 10 years and this is not my first purchased house. ;)

That is how I even got into street motorcycles. Bought our first house and money was tight. I had an hour commute to work every day. Justified buying a bike for gas savings. Got my Rebel 250 :D. And it of course spiraled out of control after that haha.

I shall have another bike in the near future. Looking at how the loan stuff is going, I may be able to just turn this bike cash around into another bike.

Looks like we should be able to get this grant. Will cover about $4500. Plus our interest rate for the loan is 4.375% which I am very happy with. Forgot all about my $1k or so rental deposit I will be getting back. Already put $1k earnest money down. I have another $1k I can use too before touching the bike cash. If I would have known all this before yesterday, I most likely would not have sold the bike haha. Oh well. I do enjoy trying out all these different bikes. Pretty fun.

I'll post some pics of the house up soon.

JSP

Super Moderator
Some pics of the place.

Has forced gas heat WITH AC. Very happy about that.

Hard wood floors, NEW carpet, paint, etc.

Attachments

JSP

Super Moderator
Few of the inside....

Bathroom in the hall and a bathroom in the master as well.

Only thing I have a small issue with is that the front of the house is facing a fairly busy street. Doesnt bother me too bad. There is no parking in the front, so we will be coming and going out the back ally anyways. A decent little park is not far down the road as well. I may put up a small picket fence or something around the front yard as well.

Attachments

Last edited: