School me on stands/lifts

LocoLechero

im about to order some rear spools from t-rex trying to decide between the black plastic or Anodized aluminum any thoughts?

jtostenr

I just went through this. I specified red and received black. Not the end of the world, but it's irritating. After buying their frame sliders and spool adapters I am never buying anything from T-Rex again.

LocoLechero

really? I like the quality of the frame sliders seem solid and well made- rex are apprently the only place i could find for rear spools/adapters and im looking mainly for a safe stable way for winter storage - i wont be buying the stands from them but from what ive researched a rear spool stand is much more stable than a paddock swingarm stand and also a little added protection in case of a lay down i dunno plastic or aluminum :confused:

Bert-Aus

I just went through this. I specified red and received black. Not the end of the world, but it's irritating. After buying their frame sliders and spool adapters I am never buying anything from T-Rex again.
Have you tried contacting them about this?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

jfont

I have the T-Rex spool adapters with a PitBull rear stand and a T-Rex triple clamp front stand. Usually yes, it's mainly for maintenance. But I come from a car racing background where you never leave a car on it's tires. Mainly to avoid flat spotting. I put my bike up on both the front and rear stands after every ride. Overkill??? Yeah, probably. But just something I feel comfortable doing. I used one of the cheap Harbor Freight swing arm stands for a while. But while removing the rear tire once it slipped on the swing arm and I almost dumped the bike. I got online right then and there and ordered the T-Rex spool adapters and went down to Cycle Gear and got a Pit Bull stand. They're so much more sturdy and solid. I got the T-Rex front stand for Christmas about a year after I got the bike. It's pretty damn solid and considerably cheaper than the PitBull. This front stand lifts from under the triple tree so it unloads the front suspension and makes access to taking the front wheel off a snap. They do make ones that lift from the lower part of the front fork, but they're not really all that stable on our bike and make removing the front tire difficult.

What pin did you use for the triple tree? Was it one that came with it or did you have to buy a seperate one?