Possibly buying new fz6

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Vath

You are wrong. If a dealer told you that, they are wrong.

Don't take it the wrong way, just trying to educate you and others... even the owners manual NEVER says that. It does mention avoiding prolonged operation over certain rpms during break in, but it never says don't go over them.
It's true. You can go over those RPM's, and you probably should once and a while to help the break in period. Just don't go cruising down the interstate at 80mph for an hour and a half before the break in period is over.

catdoc

You are wrong. If a dealer told you that, they are wrong.

Don't take it the wrong way, just trying to educate you and others... even the owners manual NEVER says that. It does mention avoiding prolonged operation over certain rpms during break in, but it never says don't go over them.
I guess we read the manual differently. It says this in B&W in mine.

"0-600 miles- avoid prolonged operation above 5800 RPM. 600-1000 miles - avoid prolonged operation above 7000 rpm"

I guess everyone does break in differently, but I am trying to ride below 5800 as much as possible. Mine has not been anywhere near the red line yet. I certainly wouldn't take a bike with 10 miles on it out and run up to the red line right away.

Lpfm1990

I didn't redline it. Just ran it up to about 10k, if that hurt the motor id be shocked. But. I've takeny new sled and held it to the bar with a few miles on it. To make sure if it was going to pop. It did it sooner and close to the dealer. Then when I'm 100 miles in the middle of no where at -20*f

Lpfm1990

Oh. And I got my bike and rode it over the weekend. I'd post pics. But when I try to sign in via tapatalk so I can post pics. It won't let me sign in.... I hate technology