New member welcome thread

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Xfactor evo

I don't think being a noob is a bad thing. Everyone starts somewhere and i had start as a noob with my evo. One thing i have learned though is i know enough to know i don't know ish about riding. Which brings me to another point, in between my place and the dealer there is road construction with uneven lane changes. It got me pretty nervous since that is something we didnt cover in the safety class i took. I did a search and really all i could find is people saying either it is best to avoid them or if you have to take it at the most purpendicular angle possible. Thats cool and all but how do you do that on a busy road at 45 mph?

tollybrew

hey ya'll

hey everyone, Matt here from Omaha NE. Am a new member to FZ6R, just picked up a 2011 FZ6R today!!! Its in addition to an '09 Street Bob. Just want to say this forum is pretty kick ass, i see lots of good info, glad to be a member!!

Attachments

Verradar1

Alright, I guess it's my turn to introduce myself.

My name is Robert although I prefer to be called Bobby or Bob, im 19 years old and have been riding motorcycles Since July, 2010. I take my safety on motorcycle and wear my gear at all times (Alpinestar racing jacket, pants and boots. Seven Zero Seven Vendetta 2 Full face helmet and half finger gloves (Lost my full finger gloves somehow). I have wrecked my bike once, got blindsided going through an intersection, ended up with my right collarbone in 3 pieces.

Graduated high school at 16 in the State of Florida then promptly moved to Tennesse for better weather and to escape the hurricanes/heat/humidity. Currently I am self employed and working on creating custom translucent fairings for my 2009 FZ6R (Note: if anyone has an idea of what I can use as a Clear resin with high tensil strength and heat resistance around 245 degrees F I would appreciate the input.) and trying to increase my bike fuel efficency since i like to go for nice long rides quite often, usually aroun 100 to 150 miles round trip.

Anyways, I came across the forum by accident while surfing the web and figured it would be a good idea to join, talk with other motorcyclists and maybe trade idea's from time to time.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome aboard!

gismo

howdy fellow riders. name's gary and i'm from los angeles and i just bought myself a new 09 white FZ6R on saturday as my bday. i am having a blast riding it. I hope to learn a lot from this forum :Sport:.

Michael Wilson

Hey guys I'm Michael.

I have been racing dirtbikes for about 4 years now. I recently boguht myself a brand new 2009 FZ6R. I was raised in New Mexico for the past 18 years of my life. In October I will be moving to Phoenix Arizona to attend MMI (Motorcycle Mechnical Institute).;) Currently I'm working for a local hardeware store that also repairs small engines. And yes I'm a newbie street bike rider >;)

Mr Citrus

Hey guys I'm Michael.

I have been racing dirtbikes for about 4 years now. I recently boguht myself a brand new 2009 FZ6R. I was raised in New Mexico for the past 18 years of my life. In October I will be moving to Phoenix Arizona to attend MMI (Motorcycle Mechnical Institute).;) Currently I'm working for a local hardeware store that also repairs small engines. And yes I'm a newbie street bike rider >;)
Welcome! I'm in eastern Arizona,hope to see you out here!

Firestorm

Well hello My name is Scott in 23yrs old in buffalo NY, Im an HVAC engineer been riding dirtbikes since i was 7, this yamaha fz6r is my first Street bike. in an unrelated note i learned how to drive it in the snow in April.... gotta love buffalo!:D

ccurts

Afternoon all, My name is Chris, living in sunny Wales! At home today with bad back, and researching luggage options for my XJ6.

roadrat

Hey Scott and Chris - welcome aboard.:rockon::welcome:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

Bay area rider

Hello Friends!

New to forum...
New rider (just passed MSF course and got my M1 license)...
Newly acquired and first bike! ~ FZ6R :)

From Napa, California
Buddies from work motivated me to try riding and have loved it ever since...

Just recently bought a 2009 Cadmium yellow FZ6R with 4k miles on it and all stock...:D

Just learning the ropes and this forum has been a great resource!!! :thumbup:

Just wanna say hi to all you out there... thanks!

"Keep the rubber side down" :thumbup:

nickal

Hello my name is Nick, I have been riding dual sport bikes for a couple years. My previous bike was a 2006 Suzuki DRZ 400S. I wanted a sporty bike that looked awesome but was comfortable to drive. I fell in love as soon as I saw the FZ6R! So that being said I bought one. Time to trade in the enduro jacket and motocross boots for some street riding gear. I am from Riverview NewBrunswick Canada. I have very little street riding experience so here goes nothing!

Last edited: