New member welcome thread

mfischler

Elite Member

kawieee

Hello everyone. Nice to see a specific site for the new FZ6r. My wife, 'xplodnstar' is already on here, but I figured I would jump in a say, "hello". The FZ6r is a great bike and looks like a lot of good information is already on this site.

cal003

found this site been reading on it alot, Just thought I'd finally say hi just got my bike less then a month ago already put 1400 miles on it :D this is my first bike and loving it :thumbup:

MarkyDaSod

Hello from Alexandria, VA... I'm currently mounted on a V Star and most of my knowledge is from cruisers, so forgive me if I'm not up on all the terminology regarding sport bikes... I'm as dumb as a stump when it comes to anything 'sport bike'.

I'm here doing the 'research' for a friend of mine (I'm the wrench monkey). She's (1st time rider) wanting a sport tourer and is in love with the Moto Guzzi Norge and a couple BMW's - too big for her. So, while shopping for bikes this past weekend, we found the FZ6R. It seems just about perfect for her, 'cepting for a few issues that I've seen (some of) addressed here already - she wants a bigger wind screen, lowering kit, seat, risers, and maybe some foot controls that are an inch or two more forward. I read that risers are available now, windshields and lowering kits should be coming soon, but how about foot controls? Is that something that is/ will be available?

Basically, what I want to know is, can this bike be turned into more of a tourer than it is?

Any info on good reputable aftermarket vendors would also be greatly appreciated...

Last edited:

Senaca

I suppose I should have posted here first...

My name is Senaca... I live in Ottawa, Ontario (in Canada)... Been riding 2 years now. Started off on a 2006 Ninja 250 (called a ZZR250 in Canada), then moved on to a 2005 FZ6. Just bought my new yellow FZ6R this month.

I commute to work and school with it, do some touring, and just ride every chance I get. Alot of my riding is in the city. I may end up doing a bit of Vlogging (for those familiar with the hobby). If not... youtube it! Love the forum so far!

Senaca :canada:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

bikernoob03

Hi, my name is Chris, I'm 26. I live in Annapolis, MD. I'm a Network Administrator at a hospital.

I've never ridden, however I will be picking up an FZ6R hopefully some time this week. I will be taking the MSF and will be working on getting my Class M in the near future.
A local!:D
My name is Arlen, I'm in Baltimore MD. I have limited riding experience, I'm still in the searching stage but so far it looks like I'll pick up a fz6r.

Allan

Hello all. Another noobie. Name's Allan and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. Have always loved bikes, but never committed. This year, though, i decided to commit, and had my Cadmium yellow FZ6R deliver to my house on Thursday. Even though my first rider training course in on Saturday, i took the bike for a spin today. It was crazy:D:D

Anyway, managed not to embarrass myself too badly, and kept the bike upright. Looking forward to adding to the current 8km's i have on the bike.:)

WenMark

My Name is Mark. Originally from Tampa Florida, but am now residing in North Georgia. I teach high school social studies (going on 9 years) economics, government & history. I also teach drivers ed in my spare time. In the fall I coach high school wrestling. My wife's name is Wendy hence us 2 together is my sig-WenMark. I served in The US Coast Guard for 6 years. I owned a mortgage company (before I was a teacher) a while back before the mess and fraud and sold it just in time and became a teacher like my mother. I owned a Suzuki enduro 125 when I was a kid and had many 4 wheelers but I just discovered how much I miss riding last year. So I bought a Suzuki Burgman I really like it, but after sitting on the new FZ6R I fell in love right away. I told my wife I was getting a little depressed (before just working and watching TV all the time) and needed a hobby so you guys are my outlet so be nice and be on here every chance you get!! (just kidding) but I do read and post here a lot so it is always good to hear from everyone...peace Mark:D

fz6rwolf

Guess I should do this even though I've been here awhile LOL. Name's Chris, originally from Tx, retired Navy after 22 years, did DOD Police awhile, then security, then decided to go completely different and just graduated last Dec. as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. Been ridince since was 14 (dirtbikes and enduros), then a 82 Silverwing, then a break from riding for about 15 years, started out again on a 650 vstar (not enough power on highway), traded for vtx1300 which I liked but the last year of school money was tight so sold it and went a year without riding then after graduating and starting new job went looking for something lighter and sportier and did alot of research and couple months going to dealerships and checking out bikes settled on the FZ6R (in fastest blue of course) and enjoying it alot, seeing no reason to get a liter bike.

OTTF

Hey everyone, my name is Peter and I currently reside in the music capital Austin TX and I just picked up my FZ6R last week and have been enjoying the heck out of it since then.

I have been riding on and off for the last 20 years but after a layoff of almost 9 years I thought it was time once again to be free of four wheels periodically though if anybody has lived here they know how brutal the summers can be but that is a small price to pay.

Keep riding and be safe.

Peter

gizmogirl

Well I have you all beat I think. I was terrified of bikes after crashing lots on dirt bikes as a kid so have pretty much avoided them for years. My husband rides a new FJR and talked me into getting on the back. Guess what....I loved it. Now I have gotten my learners, bought a FZ6R that I am still waiting for and am excited about riding. Husband is in shock (expecially after having to pay the bill :) )but is very encouraging. I can hardly wait to get started.

By the way I'm Bonnie from Kelowna BC.

Last edited:

mfischler

Elite Member

bsoder

Hey everyone!

My name is Bill and I've been riding since I was 8 or so. Had dual purpose bikes until about 19 when I got a Honda Magna. Got rid of that a few years back when my daughter was born since it seemed like the responsible thing to do. A couple months ago my wife picked up a 2009 Ninja 250 and I've been riding it way more than she has. I think it's time to get my own bike so she can have hers back. After seeing and sitting on the FZ6R I fell in love. Hoping to get one in the next couple weeks. And I'm finally going to take the safety course! No I don't have a motorcycle license but I never let that get in my way before.

Melchizel

Hi All,

This past weekend I picked up a 2006 FZ6. I been riding it for just a few days and it feels amazing. This is my first bike, I have never ridden a motorcycle before until now and I am truly loving it. I did browse through this forum and wanted to join to learn more about this bike. Thank you all for the information you post here for us newbies. :thumbup:

Mel

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

This past weekend I picked up a 2006 FZ6. I been riding it for just a few days and it feels amazing. This is my first bike, I have never ridden a motorcycle before until now and I am truly loving it. I did browse through this forum and wanted to join to learn more about this bike. Thank you all for the information you post here for us newbies. :thumbup:

Mel
You might actually find more bike specific information on our sister site designed for the FZ6.

FZ6 Forum Community

FitZ6R

Good morning!

Hi, all

I'm Kent, aka Prof. Fitzgerald, but a lot of students call me "Fitzer," so FitZ6R seemed like a good forum name.

As of today, my ride is a 1989 Yamaha Radian (600 cc, aircooled four), which was Yama's entry level, middleweight, standard bike in the day. A much-younger-I bought the bike slightly used in 1991, did a bunch of long-distance tours for a few years, and then packed it away in a shed when I moved to the city, started a new job, became a homeowner and responsible family guy, etc.

Fast forward 14 years.... A buddy started riding recently and has been nudging me to get on a bike again. Over the summer, I pulled the old Radian out of storage, got it running and legal, and in the past month I've done just enough riding to decide that (1) I really missed it and (2) I need a new bike: something midsized, user friendly, pretty cheap... deja vu all over again. Yup, I'm the guy they created the term "re-entry rider" for.

I looked at the Kaw/Suz/Yam offerings (I guess Honda can't be bothered with this category in the U.S.) and I actually passed over the FZ6R at first. I had only seen it in yellow, and the graphics seemed a bit too much for this 45 year old (no offense to those who love their yellow bikes, OK?).

Then I saw a Raven FZ6R with a tall screen and bags that spoke to me, "look, I'm a perfect midi-sport-touring bike." I test rode one yesterday and found it instantly comfortable and a complete blast on twisty roads. I really didn't want to give the demo back, and I'm hoping to take home my very own in the next few days.

Looking forward to participating in the forum,
Kent

PhatPhizzixxer

Hello All...I'm from the East County of San Diego. I've only been riding 4 months and have almost 1200 miles on my FZ6r. How I got introduced to the world of M/C's...my brother has ridden forever, my son started riding a couple years ago, and my boyfriend has ridden since he was just a kid. So, after riding on the back of my bf's Kawasaki Concourse & putting thousands of miles on it together that way, I started wanting to get my own. It was just too much fun! He found an article about the FZ6r, showed it to me, and it was ON! Took the BRC, passed with no prob, & am really loving it. I keep seeing all the Mods everyone has done so now I'm thinking I'll do some myself!