New member welcome thread

JonKerr

Elite Member

WIyamirider

Hi all,

I'm Aaron, and I'm from Waukesha, WI. I just picked up my Blue FZ6R a week ago, and I'm having a blast on it. I got bit by the bug about 2 years ago, when almost all of my college buddies had bikes, and all I could do was envy them. So when I graduated, I bought myself a brand new 2007 Ninja 250. Up until a week ago, I was still riding it daily. I put 8000 miles on my Ninja and it's a fun bike, but my dealer gave me an offer on the FZ6R I couldn't refuse.

I mostly commute, but I try and get out to the twisties once a week. I also enjoy touring, and am hoping to continue my road trips with the FZ6R. Looking forward to participating on the forum!

Tijeras505

My name is Lance. I am originally from Los Angeles but moved to the mountains East of Albuquerque, NM about six years ago with my wife of 24 years and our pets. Love it here except the riding season is only about 6-7 months out of the year.

Rode MX and street in my younger years. Picked riding back up about two years ago. Bought my 6R in March and have about 3,000 miles on it.

I have been semi-retired since 1999.

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome!!!

:welcome:

PhatPhizzixxer

Hey another FZ6R in East County. :D I'm in Lakeside. Have yet to see another 6r in town anywhere. Just got mine this past Saturday. Took it to the El Cajon car show on Main Street last night. Not too many sport bikes there but I got asked a few times "what bike is that?"

See ya on the road. Keep an eye out for a black FZ6R with a black windscreen. ;)
Cool - I'm on the white girly one...I go out to Alpine & all those back roads...nice meeting ya! "El Cajon car show"??? Haven't heard of that but will check it out...must be near Moto World / Courthouse?

JonKerr

Elite Member
Hey All,

Im Marina or Panda I answer to both. I got my 2009 FZ6R for Mothers Day. She's my first bike and I love her! My husband has a 2004 Honda Shadow Areo.
Im originally from East of San Fransisco. Then we moved to Wilmington NC about 6 years ago. And over the summer the Navy transferred my husband to Maine, so we moved up here. So Im trying to get all the riding in that I can before the snow comes.
Aside from my bike I also have a 12 month old baby girl, who is the best little tom boy. :) Shes been chillin in barns and auto shops since she was born.
Im a full time student at the University of New Hampshire, so in what little free time I have after school, and my family I enjoy sitting and reading a good book if Im not out riding.

roidrage

hey guys,

my name is austin. Im 21 and live in san luis obispo county in california. I got my bike on april 2 this year. Before her i had a 1996 seca II or in europe the xj600. I was hit on that bike at a stop sign. I had only be riding for a month. So a month and a half later i bought my new one. I layed her down may 31 of this year in a corner. I hit some gravel. She is back and running so life is good. I think i just need to slow down :). I ride any chance i get. i usually put on about 600 to 800 miles a week... cuz im out all weekend. Pleasures of working in a doctors office.

Storisende

Hey All...I just got my Blue FZ6R Aug 29th and I am totally in love with her!! I had a 2003 Honda Shadow ACE 750 before that and it was like riding a bus compared to the 6R.

I've only been riding 4 months. Wish I had started years ago. I found you guys yesterday and I've already learned so much about this bike. Thanks for all the great info and tips! Looking forward to logging some miles with you guys.

todd311

Hello....

Hello,

I just found this forum earlier this week...and I have been on it as much as possible since. I have had my FZ6R about a month plus. What an awesome bike. I started rinding over 7 months ago when my dad bought us a Honda Rebel 250 to learn on. I put a couple of hundred miles on it and have now put 300 miles on my FZ6R. I have completed the MSF a couple of weeks back and also took the written test and now have a license. I highly recommend the MSF to anyone whom has not taken it and is interested in riding motorcycels. Since I found the forum, and reading all the threads and everyones replies, I too have order the Intuitive No Cut Frame Sliders and cannot wait to get them on. As I also accidentally dropped my bike, just lost my balance in the drive way, and have scratched the flairing. Bought some touch up paint from Color Rite .Com after discovering the price of a new flairing from Yamaha was almost $500.00. The touch up does not look to good unless in the dark or looking from a small distance, but you do not see a big scratch instead. Anyways, just wanted to comment.

Todd
Houston,Texas

fz6rwolf

Welcome new folks:D

rayden56

Hey all

Hey, my name is Ray and I just got my cadmium yellow FZ6R. I'm currently going to PT school in Loma Linda, CA but I'm originally from NY. This was my first bike as well as my first time riding. I'm lovin every thing about the bike and every part of riding especially the head turns and the two fingered hand sign you give and get from other riders, lol.:)

MrGti

Hi am Wendell from Lancaster PA. I got my yellow fz6r on 8-1-09. I have been lurking on this site since before I got my bike. I am now jut getting around to post up. I am a ford auto tech.

FitZ6R

Hi am Wendell from Lancaster PA. I got my yellow fz6r on 8-1-09. I have been lurking on this site since before I got my bike. I am now jut getting around to post up. I am a ford auto tech.
Welcome to/from another PA rider! Re your forum name, I was a VW driver for 20+ years... until I got my CHEVY truck. :D

yoshi

Hello everyone I'm Dan. I live just outside Charlotte NC. Got my yellow 6R on the last day of August. It's my first bike and I'm lovin it!!

Top1Dog525

New To The Motorcycle World...

Hi, my name is Daniel and I'm from Hattiesburg, MS. Just started riding about 3 months ago, always wanted a motorcycle so went and finally got me a 2009 Yamaha FZ6R "Raven" and LOVE IT! It was my first time EVER riding anything with just two wheels and an engine, but I picked it up quick. Am looking forward to many many miles being put on it.

DragonBlu

Hi everyone,Bruce from a small town close to Portland,Oregon. I have been riding the street for 41 years and loving every minute of it. I have ridden lots of bikes in those years and currently the Blue FZ6R. The handling of this bike is sweet compared to some of the now classics I have ridden in the past.

cheapstr

My name is Keith and I live in the D.C. area. I have been riding since June 2009 learning on a friend’s FZ6 and buying my first bike - FZ6R a few days later. I also took the MSF course in June which was a great experience and well worth the money. What possessed me to start riding in the first place I couldn’t tell you but since buying my bike I ride every chance I get minus the rain, I love it.