New member welcome thread

My name is Paul. I live in the Netherlands. I ride a blue 2010 XJ6 Diversion FA (FZ6R). Got the bike yesterday, got soaking wet, but now 16 hours later... still smiling.

Paul

Yall be safe.

Hey guys. I'm Brian and am looking at an FZ6R as a first bike. I just took the MSF rider safety course last weekend and got my license this week.

Yeah it's a neat bike for sure. I've already sat on a couple at two different dealers. I'm a pretty short guy, but this bike feels manageable. My feet aren't flat on the ground, but I'm not on my tip toes either.

I'm just in the process of selling my Mustang before I pull the trigger on it. I'd also like to find a white one since my truck is white. The two I looked at in town are blue and black.

Welcome, welcome! The FZ6R is a great bike.

I feel like a new member, after having been gone and away from computers for the last two weeks. :rolleyes:

lol... welcome back rob. :)

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and new to riding. Recently completed a MSF course and got my motorcycle license, I loved it and can't wait to get riding. I just recently bought a 2010 FZ6R Raven because I really liked the way the bike felt and after reading a bunch of reviews and comparisons it sounded right for me.

Last edited:
Welcome TrueBlue to the forum. Here you will find a lot of info for your FZ6R. Have fun!

Hey, Gonna go pick up my 09 raven FZ6R monday, It will be my fourth bike, 1st was 96 honda elite 80, then 00 ninja 250, 03 R1, and now the FZ6R. I live in central PA, season is over here in about 2-3 months although I ride year round, at least a little.

Hello!

My name is Troy from Georgia. I rode cruisers for 25+ years, but decided one day to get an 09 Ninja 250 to play on, 20 months & 20,000+ miles later it was time for a new sport bike, and it had to be the FZ6R

I ride everyday (rain or shine) only get inside a vehicle if i have to. So far i love the FZ6R and have just over 1100 miles on her in a little over a week.

Thanks & Have A Fantastic Day!

Hello All

Hello Everyone - I'm originally from Mississippi, I live and work in Central Illinois now and I just bought my new 2009 Yama-Blue FZ6R last saturday. Acquired insurance with Progressive yesterday and went out and put 100 miles on today :D

This is my first bike, I took the MSF course twice (recession hit after I took it the first time and I decided to hold on to my money), and I have already learned alot just from lurking around the forum.

Thanks in advance for all the help/advice in the future.

I go by Adam, when not on this forum. I joined a few days ago to ask some questions about this bike. I have liked what I have read so far, and was sitting on a 6R on the dealer floor yesterday. They are offering some really good deals at the current time, but I hate financing, so I have to wait until I unload some things to increase current funds. I've been riding seriously for about six months now, on a 1990 Yamaha TW200. It has about 8500 miles on it now (but only 6500 are mine...), 4k of them were put on in it this month. So I am still very new. I'm starting at a different college this semester, and it just happens to be about a 45 min commute over some prime, twisty tarmac. I am doing everything I can to not have to take the 200 (or my hyundai... terrible, terrible car to drive)... And lastly, I live right near the entrance to Yosemite National Park, in central California. Thanks again to all the members for their advice so far.

Cheers.

Welcome! Enjoy the forum and the bike...they both rock! :wav:

Newbie intro...

I wanted to introduce myself and get some advise. First I'm so happy to find such great communities around the FZ1, FZ6, FZ6r, etc. (I've joined these 3 forums, but I don't think the FZ8 or FZ16 are sold in the states, so I didn't join over there). Sorry to everyone who reads this on all 3 forums, but this is a copy and paste job for FZ1, FZ6 and FZ6r intro.

First things first. My name is Troy, I live in east central IL, USA :america:; I'm 40 (ouch, that hurts to type), I've been married since Sept '93 to a great woman who also loves motorcycles. I have 2 kids, son who's 10 (very soon to be 11) and a daughter who's 8 (almost as soon to be 9). I've been riding since I was 9 or 10. I started out on a little red Yamaha endro 2-stroke from 1978 (I miss the sound, smell, smoke, etc., ahhh, 2-strokes) and still have that bike and it still runs :) (I'll post a pic ASAP) I bought an '86 Yamaha XT350 in 1986 (my first new bike) and loved it through high school and college, but some bimbo turned in front of me, I flew over her trunk and my bike became part of her car :( (luckily no serious injury to me or my passenger). Funny thing, the insurance money became an engadgement ring.

Damn, I hope that wasn't TMI. Anyway, here comes more. I'm a fat dude now, (5' 10" and 330lbs.) and I am determined to get a bike again. I've looked around for several years and decided the FZ6 or FZ1 would suit me fine. My wife recently got her first bike, a new '09 Ninja 250r. Those 2 little gerbals can even pull my fat butt around better than I thought (I got it up to 85mph on the GPS). I've found a nice, low milage 2006, Shift Red FZ1. I've heard about the throttle snatch in the '06 and wondered if that should be a deal breaker. It's best to keep wrenches out of my hands, so I'm not going to be able to do to much to fix it.

I've considered looking at the FZ6 and passing it down to my wife when she out grows the baby Ninja, but I don't know if that's what she'll want by then, and I really want the FZ1 with all my weight. Any other big guys have experience with FZ1 and FZ6... thoughts?

I have many more stories, questions, thoughts and garbage to share, but I see that I've written a novel already, so I'll spew all that at a later time. Thanks again to all who participate and especially support and run these sites. I've been a forum admin before, and I know the time and engery it takes.

Have fun and be safe

Just thought I'd add a brief intro, as I've posted elsewhere this evening...

Based in the UK, I've put 4.5k on an XJ6 Diversion with ABS this summer. I've bought it to run alongside my aging Hornet as a sunny day bike and a back-up in case the Hornet breaks down - it's got 85k on the clock now!

The XJ6 is a great little bike, it's got a hard act to follow in the Hornet.

A few things I'd like to change.

Gearing for starters is way too low and I've been reading the various threads on sprocket changes tonight. I'd already suspected a one-over front sprocket might be the easiest mod here.

The bars are too high and too wide compared with the Hornet, so I'd like to fit a pair that are a bit narrower and further forward - the clip-on risers look awesome but I do wonder if they would be too low and too far forward for the fairing.

The US model has a funky two part seat - us Brits get a dull as ditchwater dual seat. That would be a nice swap if it goes straight on.

I'd like to lose some weight too. It's a shame that Yamaha didn't make a bit of effort to keep the weight down, it's 50lbs overweight. It's really noticable when wheeling the two bikes around side by side, the Honda is a LOT lighter.

And some kind of protection/cover is essential to protect the paintwork on the humped-back tank from scratches from zips.

Anyways... Terrific knowledge base on here!

Back