HOWTO: Install Graves AIS Blockoffs

Rawknrohl

Howdy, quick question for someone who has done this. Couldn't the same result be reached by just plugging the ports with a piece of plastic and unplugging the electrical connector? Other than the weight reduction benefit from removing the system completely... Please correct me if I'm wrong! Thanks y'all!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

alh081

bringing back an old thread.
Anyway, i will be installing my block offs soon and wanted to ask....When i remove the tank, will gas spill? will i need to empty the tank?

Ricenoodle

Same question on the the gas spilling question, if i pull the hose i know it says a little will spill but would the remaining gas keep pouring out? just trying to plan any mishaps along the way. Thanks.

mdgreene2001

Same question on the the gas spilling question, if i pull the hose i know it says a little will spill but would the remaining gas keep pouring out? just trying to plan any mishaps along the way. Thanks.
No it won't. I didn't have a drop spill. My tank has been off a few times.

Deathdiesel

Ive done it too, did it multiple times, with between 2/3 of a tank at one point, and 1/4 of a tank another time. Only a few drops spill, I think they have some kind of passive shutoff valve or something idk. But yeah, only a few drops from the initial disconnect will spill.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

mdgreene2001

I didn't take the evap lines off. They were actually on super tight even with the clamp removed and I was afraid I'd snap the hose pulling on it. You can leave them on since when you pull the tank up you'll likely have to reroute the hoses anyways. They take a minute or so to reroute along the engine.
Use a 90* angled pick to loosen them just slip it in between the tank and hose and work it around the hose pulling it lightly around the nipple and it will slide right off...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

thanks guys, this is the kind of insight I needed to know beforehand, anything else that may be tricky that's not in the OP?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

sunkist

Does this somehow increase fuel economy? I kind of like the popping Lol however, happy to sacrifice this for a greater economy..

UncleHilty

THank you for this write up. did the block offs this weekend and the pic's and post was invaluable! Did not remove my tank just propped it up, pretty easy job all around and the results are excellent!