Help me pick a paint color

JSP

Super Moderator
Now you're just showing off. ;)
Did you just get some new software. :D

Well have to change your title to the photoshop mod!

The sulphur yellow looks pretty nice but I don't care for the bright Yellow. It reminds me too much of those pesky wolverines (I'm watching the Michigan-Purdue game right now).

haha.. I actually just use the free GimpShop.

I kind of like the whole red white and blue theme... GO USA! :D

RoadTrip

Seeing them side by side in post #14, I gotta say I like that lighter 'header' orange better than the darker 'toxic' one, against the white and blue.

I don't care so much for the other colors, but very nice of you to help with all the renderings.

bmw675

Progress....

And I decided on the "toxic orange", aka "mango tango".
I will be getting the front fender painted still, however I am going to keep the stock one on. It is a major PITA to remove due to the brake lines. It might help tie in to the tank as well.

bmw675

danieljardim

The first orange photoshop is the best in my opinion. I would rock that bike on the street and not just on the track.

By the way good job jsp

bmw675

Update....

I'm going to try to finish it up today. Was warm yesterday and today, and temps are going to make it too hard to keep the garage warm enough.

I almost switched colors due to the price of the base but I had my mind set on toxic orange. Believe it or not, the base coat alone was $162.00 for a PINT!

Hope to get some mounted up pics by Friday.

Bert-Aus

I am cant wait to see the finished job!

This thread is def dangerously pushing my up-grade buttons;)

Heineken

Elite Member

bmw675

I was going to go the rattle can route. I just bought a cheapy hvlp gun. Wasn't much difference in price if I was to get this color in spray cans. Plus this way it will have a more durable of a finish.

bobby bo bonsin

Not to spoil the party, but my buddy has a '07 track only and he did the paint job in his garage with rattle can paint and decals:

Thats cool.:thumbup:

Hello my real name is Adam.

bmw675

All finished. It's a lot brighter than it shows; it's just overcast today. I even rolled it outside to do it some justice, but this is what I ended up with. Not bad for a cheapy hvlp gun in the garage.

Heineken

Elite Member

bmw675

Not sure about the color combo, but, it lloks like a pro did it....When is your next availability...i'm stopping by with my scratched fairings :)):D

I live in illini country. Those colors go good together around these parts. :D

Plus, they'll be able to see me better when I'm 100 yards out in the grass at putnam again. :rolleyes:

Heineken

Elite Member

bmw675

Looking forward to see it in person :), we'll keep in touch...do you still have my cell # ?
I do. I'm sure we'll cross paths sometime this year.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

You could throw some blue and white decals on them puppies and it would tie it in a lot better. I think its interesting and kinda cool looking and definetely different. Good for you for doing what you wanted and fulfilling your vision for it. And the paint job looks really good in the pictures.:thumbup:

Hello my real name is Adam.

Jux2p0ze

I really think you need to commit and do your front fenders and tank in the same orange. It looks incomplete like you had parted your fairings from somewhere else.

Great job on the work though.