Finally Back! It's Paint Time!!!

Chaos

There are so many why did I wait so longs to be had right now. Finally got my baby back, although a few years newer. The only thing I didn't like about my 09 was the fact that it was white. So I just picked up a 2012 with 2k miles on it for dirt cheap, and yup, you guessed it. It's white!!! So before the riding weather hits here in MI, I'm taking the time to paint this beast. I wish I had a booth or even a heated garage cuz this is going to take awhile. So far I have the rear done and just took apart the front end. Here are a few photos of what I've been up to. And yes, I am doing this with rattle cans. Only part left for the already coated reds is clear. Just waiting for the right weather. Very time consuming but so worth it.

20170502_171336.jpg
20170501_172025.jpg
20170501_192516.jpg

Attachments

Chaos

I am considering it! I am testing out a scrap piece that I have laying around because I want to try painting in ghost skulls on the tank. If it comes out like I want, then yes I am going to. If it doesn't I am probably going to wrap it.

Chaos

What's your issue with puttin down the clear

Chaos

One step closer. Kinda crappy out for the next few days. I so wish I had somewhere to paint inside. Only pieces left are the side fairings and tank. I hoping to be done by next weekend.
20170503_194554.jpg

Chaos

Well, here she be! Without the tank and screen. I plan on doing the screen this weekend but I am still undecided what to do with the tank. I do know I am going all black. But I also know how difficult it is to paint gloss black. I'm thinking of just wrapping it. Any thoughts?
20170508_183447.jpg
20170508_183459.jpg

Chaos

Good enuff for now!
Gonna wrap the tank next week. Finally got her back out. Wow, how I have forgotten how to take corners. Ha.
20170509_185048.jpg