Help me pick a paint color

bmw675

UPDATE! Finished photos on page 4!

I need some opinions on paint colors. I'm open to opinions.

I picked up a new body kit for my 675 and I'm just about ready to paint it. I had a color picked out until I seem another car on the street, so now I'm down to two.

Here's my current setup. My tank will stay white and the frame is powder coated blue. What will change is upper and lower fairing, front fender and tail piece.

Option 1: dodge toxic orange

Option 2: dodge header orange

Thoughts?

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Definitely the first one! Do not like the second orange at all. The dark copper is sick.

Now... Not sure how either one will look on blue frame with white tank though. Why not paint the tank too?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

bmw675

The reason for keeping the tank is this is for track plastics and I will be switching back and forth between street and track.

And I'm thinking orange and blue because I live in central illinois where the only sports team is the university. Your right, I absolutely love the bike the way it is now, but looking for something a little more fun/flashy for the track.

Keep the opinions coming!

I will follow up later with my choice and eventually finished pics.

Edit: a second tank may be in the future, but they are a bit pricey once you include a pump and cap.

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Here is a quick photoshop. I tried to match it best I could to your bike and the toxic orange with a blue frame.

BDazzler

The reason for keeping the tank is this is for track plastics and I will be switching back and forth between street and track.

And I'm thinking orange and blue because I live in central illinois where the only sports team is the university. Your right, I absolutely love the bike the way it is now, but looking for something a little more fun/flashy for the track.

Keep the opinions coming!

I will follow up later with my choice and eventually finished pics.

Edit: a second tank may be in the future, but they are a bit pricey once you include a pump and cap.
I'm just a bit south of you. I'm not feeling the Illini colors either, but to each his own. I think the second (non metallic) would look better for Illini colors. Let me know if you want to ride sometime. I'm just south of Charleston on an '07 FZ1. I don't check the FZ6r site too much, but you can find me on the FZ1 site quite often. Good luck with the paint.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

bmw675

Your photoshop skills are awesome!

behindXgrnXeyes

the designer in me says "Blue and orange - hell yeah" "Blue and White - Hell Yeah" "Orange and White - Hell Yeah"

dont.......do all three

Blue and orange, for everyone else, are complimentary colors...so like, red and green, they do actually go well together (shade and style pending)

but yeah, I do not think all three will work...however, the Toxic orange is the best...its actually close to the color I was gonna go for....but im thinking more 2013 camaro orange :p

JSP

Super Moderator
Here it is kinda in the other color choice...

and the other again for side by side comparo.

Bert-Aus

Have you tried (in Australia it is referred to as X15 orange -as in Bell X15)

Hex triplet #E87600
sRGBB (r, g, b) (232, 118, 0)
CMYKH (c, m, y, k) (0.06, 0.65, 1, 0)
HSV (h, s, v) (31°, 100%, 91%)

The actual balance to your blue may vary slightly..

BUt yep def the right colour combo's together 9Blue, Orange complimentary and white as back drop..

Nice PSD work JSP, also that is a killer phot to work with too!

godwearsblack

I was iffy on the color choices but with the great picture by jsp I must say the colors chosen aren't bad, I would say the darker orange would look sick. maybe a flat orange? I've seen a magnum in a flat orange with limo tint windows and it looked sick!!

bmw675

I wouldn't mind painting the new body the same color but its pricey. It's a tri-coat. Materials alone is far too much to use on a set of track plastics.

Like most of you, I was leaning towards #1- toxic orange. I just seen a new dodge dart roll by the other day in header orange that caught my attention. May have just been because I never seen the new darts yet.

Just need to finish drilling and test fitting everything before I start wet sanding the primer this weekend.

JSP

Super Moderator
Couple more real quick ones just to show some more colors...

bmw675

Now you're just showing off. ;)
Did you just get some new software. :D

Well have to change your title to the photoshop mod!

The sulphur yellow looks pretty nice but I don't care for the bright Yellow. It reminds me too much of those pesky wolverines (I'm watching the Michigan-Purdue game right now).