Givi Hard Luggage Touring Setup

This is my Firstgear Kenya Jacket, which is waterproof yet breathable (barely). I really like the jacket, although it gets very hot when it's approaching 90 degrees Celsius.

if you're riding in 90 degree Celsius (where the heck are you riding!!!) you're gonna be hot even if you were riding butt nekid lol

I found a little plastic squirt bottle which is probably about eight centimetres tall and filled it with tap water. I keep a bunch of paper napkins in a pocket with the bottle. I just squirt a tiny bit of water on a napkin and then wipe the visor clean. I'm sure using paper napkins on a visor is not recommended, but it does the the visor pretty clean. Plus I replace my visor once it gets noticeably scratched, so I don't worry about paper napkins being too abrasive.

i keep a small spray bottle of lens solution and a small microfiber cloth in a ziploc bag under the rear seat. not sure about compatibility with tinted visors but it's kept my clear visor perfectly scratch free

those risers look nice. might have to look into a set of those. throttle rocker too!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting a givi top case for extra storage and a backrest for my wife. How hard is it to remove? Could it (the whole bracket, not just the case) be rigged somehow to remove very easily (as in with no wrenches or screwdrivers)? 300 euro is steep, but if I can easily take it off or put it on, I'd probably spring for it.

Last edited:
Superzoom:
New member here and 1st post. I own a H-D touring bike. It is a great long distance touring machine, but I just started a new job that is only 10 minutes from my house. I really do not want to drag an 850lb motorcycle out of the garage for such a short commute each day. I have been looking at a Wee Strom and a Versys before I found this forum and thread. The way that you have set your bike up is just what I'm looking for!

Mike, my previous bike was a Sportster Roadster, and I had that bike set up for touring as well with hard cases and a Mustang saddle. I miss the character of that bike, but I love the lightness of the FZ6R. The FZ6R is a surprisingly capable sport touring bike. I've heard that the Wee Strom and Versys are great rides as well, but I could never get over their looks. I guess I'm shallow!

I miss your post... anytime! Stop by West Palm first... :wav:

Thanks for the invite! I'd love to pop my head in your garage, and maybe get you to wrench on my bike. Since I moved into a condo, I haven't done much work on my own bike. I used to do full maintenance on my bikes, including valve adjustments. Now I just buy modern bikes that aren't so maintenance intensive.

I'll be sure to stop by when I do make that trip to the Keys.

I'm thinking about getting a givi top case for extra storage and a backrest for my wife. How hard is it to remove? Could it (the whole bracket, not just the case) be rigged somehow to remove very easily (as in with no wrenches or screwdrivers)? 300 euro is steep, but if I can easily take it off or put it on, I'd probably spring for it.

The top case attaches to a standard rear rack and removes with the turn of one key, so it comes off in seconds. My rear rack is an SW-Motech and looks pretty small and good on the bike. You can also get a Givi rack, which is somewhat odd looking.

My girlfriend will only tour with some sort of backrest, so the top case is a must for me. Plus the lockable storage is incredibly useful. You can fit a small duffel in there, or two full face modular helmets, or a few days worth of groceries.

Damn, I just checked how much I paid for my set-up, and the rack itself is $145, but you need a Givi adapter plate for another $35. The case itself was $344 (painted gloss black). So as you can see, it was pretty expensive in the end. But functionally, all this stuff is worth it.

Last edited:
I had this beast from Mutazu, which was quite good for the price, $125. I'd recommend it:

MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks

th_IMG_0480.JPG

Looks great! I have soft luggage but you can't strap it to bike empty which is a real drawback if you wnat to use it to pick something up. Annoying!

Looks great! I have soft luggage which is great but you can't strap it to bike when empty which is a real drawback if you want to use it to pick something up. Bike is great for long distances, drove from PEI to Montreal in one day with no problem!

Looks great! I have soft luggage which is great but you can't strap it to bike when empty which is a real drawback if you want to use it to pick something up. Bike is great for long distances, drove from PEI to Montreal in one day with no problem!

Hmm... I thought you could secure soft bags to the passenger footpegs for stability. Also, I think Marthy made a cool bracket with some aluminum bar that holds the bags as well.

Here we go... Finally done with my luggage rack. I went with this trunk for $88.00 of ebay and with the Moto centic saddlebags that I already had. Notice how nicer the saddlebags fit now.

The rack still need to come out for some extra polishing here and there. I'll get it powder coat black also.

:wav:

looks gorgeous marthy:D

SW-Motech Bar Risers: These are the 1" up and 1" back risers. I originally thought they made me too upright, but there are a good compromise for all around riding. They are pretty expensive, but you can install them yourself. With them, I sit on the bike with a slight forward lean, just enough to counter a 100 kph wind.

Do these Bar risers require new cables? I've been wanting to put on the 1 up and 1 back risers, but not sure I have enough cable length to make it.

Back