FZ6R Stunt/Streetfighter build

Squidward

Right now my goal is to build a low-key stunt streetfighter bike that looks good (for now) and is fun to rip around the streets or just isnt anything crazy in order to stay true to the jack-of-all-trades fizzer we all know and love

Right now ive got -1/+3 sprockets on the way but i might go for -1/+1 or something that doesnt turn the bike into a royal pain after a few minutes going highway speeds.

I spent most of today looking at some FZ6 Crash Cages and Race Rails to see if any would fit on the 6R, Im still not sure about any so im hoping one of you guys might know of one that fits.

Now im looking at a single caliper handbrake kit that requires a early 2000s r6/r1 rear MC in order to function so i was wondering if that would play nice with our mount holes( https://streetbikesupply.com/collections/rear-hand-brakes/products/dual-fitting-handbrake-kit )

Im pretty sure the R6 MC will fit since ive seen threads about people switching out the entire system. But im thinking if R6 calipers fit then shouldnt a dual caliper bracket for an r6 also fit?

Im just laying my thoughts out seeing what sticks

Last edited:

Squidward

Alright so ive received my rear sprocket and chain, now just waiting on the front. I think ill keep this -1/+3 setup see how it goes. Though i could probably just do -2/0 since it would be the same but weigh less. Its not the end of the world

Im thinking of turning this into a build progress thread, hope thats okay (?)

Here's a part/mod list ive compiled up, * means there's a link
- XJ6 crash cage* (in gold or black)
- 4 degree timing advance*
- -1/+3 and speedohealer
- Twin Headlight with extra character*
- 1.5" Fork Lowering (might get a lowering link for the rear but that might lose the stance and nimbleness i would gain from dropping the front)
- Airbox Mod
- Muffler delete, will probably replace with a Smaller muffler (just an example*. and a Amazon Shorty Exhaust for looks*
- power commander auto tune
- Rear Tire hugger*
- Lower Bars* and Lower bar clamps*
- Solid Mounted Driver and passenger pegs like you can see on the XJ6 Cage 6 Concept
- single caliper handbrake kit
- side fairings to chop up like this (super unsure about this one)
Screenshots_2021-12-10-03-19-11.png
(might get black XJ6 Side fairings instead, to be decided)

There are other mods ill consider doing once i get most of everything i want done. Like attempting a "ram"/fresh air intake, Insulating the airbox, intake sensor relocation, custom foot plate, and r6 brakes

Want to go with a black and gold theme but i dont know if itll be too flashy. There's an FZ6R model ive seen that has gold rims and black fairings with gold lettering that ill go with if i choose to go for the black/gold look.

Other option i see is to go full on black

Attached the picture of the 6R Model i mentioned, and two of what my bike looks like right now

Attachments

Last edited:

speed19

How much do you want for it? Also saw a pic of your stunt build, is the subcage/12 bar custom or did you buy it from somewhere?
the front cage won't fit with fairings i got it for 500+, i think i'll keep it for now. i would sell you a custom 12 bar/subcage its one part

speed19

how is the build looking? i am still getting my bike set up as well.

what did you do to your rearset, did you mod the pegs so it won't fold back?

Squidward

how is the build looking? i am still getting my bike set up as well.

Modding the footpegs is gonna be one of the very last things i do to this bike, since there are more important things to get to right now (in my opinion)

To be honest i bought another project bike so this one will take longer to finish, but i still intend to work on it. Ive already got a clear plan of what to do next but i just need money right now, if i had to guesstimate how much id need i think it would be around 800.

280 for cage
120 for bars and clamps
120 for handbrake
200 for fairings, plastics, lighting, cosmetics, and miscellaneous parts and tools

And i need a new rear tire so :/

speed19

i see, how are you setting up the handbrake are you getting a custom made rear brake bracket to hold two calipers?

and if you don't mind me asking, what other bike you got?

Squidward

i see, how are you setting up the handbrake are you getting a custom made rear brake bracket to hold two calipers?
There's a euro variant of the FZ6R called the XJ6, its almost completely the same except its naked (you've probably head of it before when people say they did a XJ6 conversion)

Well the XJ6 is like the F4i in Brazil, you can pretty much get all you need to stunt it on a website called stuntracebrazil, thats where im getting the cage from. They do sell three caliper brackets in two rotor sizes, but i felt thats too much for me and there's only one other company that makes two caliper brackets, but im having communication issues with them so i decided to run a single caliper setup.

Hohey handbrake junction valve here's what im gonna use, you'll have to remove the rear reservoir and your handbrake reservoir will take its place up at the handlebars. They claim the handbrake will have 90% of the brake capacity your foot pedal will, which is good enough for me

and if you dont mind me asking, what other bike you got?
Got a 06 CBR600RR, my dream bike :) Will need new fairings, a few lights, bits and bobs. Sort of like a mini project bike, not much to do on it except customize.

Screenshots_2022-03-08-23-02-55.png
Orange is definitely not my color but im not complaining

Squidward

Sorry i forgot to answer this. Modding the pegs is relatively simple, cut off the two protruding footpeg mounts, and drill a hole long wide enough to fit whatever size bolt you want to put through it. If i do this ill probably just buy the 35$ shogun sliders and put some skateboard griptape on them to have slider pegs like some brazilian XJ6 stunters do

speed19

like 2 weeks ago i tried to order the brake bracket from them they said they don't ship to united states.

let me know how it goes, did you already talk to them?

Squidward

like 2 weeks ago i tried to order the brake bracket from them they said they don't ship to united states.

let me know how it goes, did you already talk to them?
I contacted them through whatsapp for the cage and they said they would ship to me, they asked for my city and postal code to give me a quote. I know it doesnt show up on their website as an option though.

The quote for everything shipped came out to be ~280

speed19

I contacted them through whatsapp for the cage and they said they would ship to me, they asked for my city and postal code to give me a quote. I know it doesnt show up on their website as an option though.

The quote for everything shipped came out to be ~280
280 that is a good deal

what is the number you contacted them?
and did they text in english?

6‘N’UP

There’s a place called 905 racing located in California they make a crash cage for 290$ shipped. That’s where I ordered mine and the communication is amazing. I spoke to them for like 2 weeks before I even ordered it. The cage is not posted on the website . But you go to the website and click contact and email them asking to make a cage for a Fz6r and they will send you a invoice and after I paid the invoice they had got started on building the cage.