Need Help Friends Fz6r won't start

RelDuKriivah

My friend recently purchased a low mileage (<2000) fz6r and had me drive it home for him. It ran fine all the way home with multiple stops. While trying to move the bike he lost his footing and the bike fell over and he was unable to get it up for quite a while, now when we try and start the bike the display powers off and only turns back on after letting go of the ignition switch. I swapped batteries and starter solenoids with him from my running fz6r and nothing changed. After a few hours of trouble shooting I wacked the starter motor with a pole and it turned over once then quit on us so we think it's either a bad starter motor or a seized engine at this point but I want another opinion before we decide what to do. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the long post!

Rumpig

If it was tipped over for a while oil probably filled a cylinder , pull the plugs and turn it over. There's also a tilt switch and the sensor for the stand that will stop it running.
Getting any codes?

RelDuKriivah

If it was tipped over for a while oil probably filled a cylinder , pull the plugs and turn it over. There's also a tilt switch and the sensor for the stand that will stop it running.
Getting any codes?
If you're referring to lights on the dashboard then none whatsoever, if you instead mean error codes by plugging in an external code reader (or what ever it's called) then no because I don't know where to get one or where it would plug in. Also we had it in neutral when we tried starting it a few of the times so if I'm not mistaken the stand switch shouldn't be an issue.

Rumpig

Fault codes come up on the dash with the ignition on. 2 digit number or Er and a number.
Google FZ6RC for a pdf of the workshop manual , the fault codes are in section 9.

RelDuKriivah

Fault codes come up on the dash with the ignition on. 2 digit number or Er and a number.
Google FZ6RC for a pdf of the workshop manual , the fault codes are in section 9.
Sorry for the delayed response. Upon turning the key in the ignition, no codes appeared. We did eventually bump start it and it was spewing tons of white smoke so I believe you were right in saying the engine got flooded, he ended up running it to see if the smoke would clear up and eventually it did. After a while he turned off the bike and then turned it back on with no problem, but after letting it sit for ~10-20mins without it running the engine, the bike would refuse to crank at all when hitting the ignition switch so we believe his starter is still bad

Fabes_movin

Take it to a local mechanic at this point. White smoke is usually bad and you don't want to be adding to the problem. Not saying it's serious. Just better safe than sorry