for long distance rides

The_Commodore

anyone here gone on a long distance ride?
I'm looking for some ideas on how to make my ride more comfortable. Basically I have stock parts aside from the two bros exhaust, juice box, c wereks fender elim, k&n air filter. I mainly used my bike for city rides but I have this job coming up that requires me to travel to and from out of town work for more than a month.

Looking at travelling 1.5 hrs everyday to and from out of town work; gotta go where the money is right?

any ideas? hand guards, windscreen, cruise control, weighted bar ends? whatever helps, thanks guys!

money zombie for reference = :zombie:

Headlessmunky

I have only taken one long distance ride so I can't help too much. I do however go for 2 or 3 hour rides with friends around twistes and such. I think the cruise control would be awesome. That was the worst part IMO.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DiHydro

I put a double bubble windscreen on to help with the helmet buffeting. The only other things I would change now are a throttle lock, and a more padded seat. I sink down to the seat pan way too quickly on the stock one.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Invader Jim

Wear ear plugs. I never wear them around town but always wear them for highway trips. They will lessen fatigue and make the ride more pleasant. Also, I can still hear everything just fine with the plugs in but they really do help lessen wind noise.

AL72

You only need to find the way make the seat more comfortable. It's the only issue I found in a 5 hours trip.

Regards!

latony007

pictures are too funny. i would def. recomend new seat as my first mod for a long trip. after about 30 minutes on the stock i start to get fidgety and after 2 hours its outright pain. search threads for dirt road custom to check out my custom seat and where to get yours done.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member