Flushmount front signals

Jet A

Hey Tiger, I installed these a couple months ago. There should be a large white plastic washer that came with it. Put the flushmount in the hole, put the washer on, and the bolt. I found two more bolts and put those on to help keep things secure.

For wiring, I found a harness at cycle gear that has a yamaha plug end. I wired the lights to this, so the fairing can be removed just like it is with the stock signals. (there are some blue wiring clips that come in the package, but I didn't use them)

Cheers

Jet
:canada:

dustinsf81

I installed the flushies that everyone has been recomending on ebay and I noticed when I turn on the signal the opposite side flashes at the running light brightness. Has anyone seen this issue? Any suggestions?

Dustin

Mkeenan13

What is the name of those flush mounts? I dont have an ebay link anymore, PLEASE HELP!!! NEED TO GET RID OF THE BIG NASTYS

dolfan

4 months with cool looking flushies, I went back to originals for visibility issues.:confused: Also had to change LED color from blue to purple, due to state laws

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Sparkxx1

Nope! :rolleyes: That's why I put the forward facing lights hidden in the air scoops so they're just as visible and it doesn't look like there are orange footballs hanging off the side of the bike.
do you have any pictures of this, it sounds like an awesome little mod.

F

FZ6R_Blue

I have the proton flushies for the front but i cannot get how they work. Its not plug-n-play its says i need to cut the OEM plug off and reattach it using the supplied bullet connecters.... anyone have step by step for this. i need some help

Sage

F

FZ6R_Blue

I have the instructions i just dont get how the stupid bullet connectors work. i don't want to cut the wire and not be able to get it to work again

Sage

I have the instructions i just dont get how the stupid bullet connectors work. i don't want to cut the wire and not be able to get it to work again
Yea sorry I can't help man, i've been searching around for videos and stuff and can't turn up anything. Hope someone else has the information you need :)

edk442

my protons just came in today and looking at the kit i imagine that you remove the stock turn signal, cut off the factory plug with wire to spare. strip the ends. the kit comes with crimp connectors. crimp one side to the wire off the proton and crimp the other side to the plug you just cut off, making sure you have proper color coding

tgscanlan

this is correct.. exactly what i did.. except for i soldered the wires together and used heat shrink tubes for adhesive and protection measures.

rjsantana20

Well, I have to say that I cut the wire with the bullet connector and connected the Protons to it. That allowed me to be able to unclip them when needed. I used the fast blink option.

F

FZ6R_Blue

anyone have color coding down? can anyone take some pictures of their setup. I want to go with the strobe setup to

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

rskinz6r

so i just got some smoked signals from D2 Moto and im gonna install them tomorrow. The question i had was do I need to take off the fairing? and how do I take off the stock ones? Can i just twist them off from the outside and then undo the connector? Im just afraid of breaking the fairing or a clip that I may need in the back

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member