Flushmount front signals

MikeN02

Just ordered some flushies today from d2moto. They were 13.90 before shipping at 18.80 after shipping! Super excited to see them show up! Questions, they say they are for an 06-08 r6, any issues on the hole sizes? Im pretty sure yamaha has been using the same front turn signals on all there r1-r6 line-ups since 2003!
As mentioned in a couple other threads, posted a ebay link in the after markets stuff as a sticky... R6 turn signals will work on FZ6R.

Newmason

Mike come on brother! You know I dont like Ebay!

Newmason

Okay so now I am confused

MikeN02

Okay so now I am confused
Let me break it down for you.

In the Aftermarket links page, there's a link on ebay that links to R6 Flush mounts that someone posted. Being stickied, a lot of members have bought those R6 flush mounts from that link and have confirmed that the R6 flush mounts fit our bike, thats why there isn't a post that says that it won't fit in that topic.

Now you say that you don't like Ebay, but you can also get your information from this because you'll know that the R6 flush mounts will work because the link points to R6 flush mounts. You don't have to directly order from Ebay.

Newmason

You too toofless :) I am starting to understand mike. I think I might just look into signing up for flea bay today

Spunky99

Both my front and rear turn signals came with 2 wire individual plugs that don't plug into the Yamaha electrical connectors.

So I ordered these to make them fit the stock connectors so I don't have to hack up the wiring harness.

Motorcycle OEM Connectors for blinkers and tail lights

Lots of lights on eBay say they fit but don't have the connector......

I'll sell the stock lights on eBay and hopefully pay for my upgrades.;)

porky45

Both my front and rear turn signals came with 2 wire individual plugs that don't plug into the Yamaha electrical connectors.

So I ordered these to make them fit the stock connectors so I don't have to hack up the wiring harness.

Motorcycle OEM Connectors for blinkers and tail lights

Lots of lights on eBay say they fit but don't have the connector......

I'll sell the stock lights on eBay and hopefully pay for my upgrades.;)
that's the same oem connector i have. it takes 2 wire lights and lets them work as running lights.

streetmaster

OK pardon my ignorance, but!!
I agree that they do make the bike look so much smoother,
Some say they like the faster flash rate of the LED's to make them more conspicuious, wouldn't it be better to leave the stock ones on to help you to be seen better by others??

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

OK pardon my ignorance, but!!
I agree that they do make the bike look so much smoother,
Some say they like the faster flash rate of the LED's to make them more conspicuious, wouldn't it be better to leave the stock ones on to help you to be seen better by others??
In truth yes, but some of us use the flush mounts to clean the bike up like a fender eliminator... you can leave the stock on and deflect dirt yes but that thing sticks out so much. I use hand signals and wait my turn.

My old Ninja 500, people suggested getting aftermarket signals for the front because if/when you drop the bike it'll ram right into the fairing and crack it, and from the threads that I've read here of people dropping or going down, they've hit the frame slider, mirror and turn signals.

porky45

In truth yes, but some of us use the flush mounts to clean the bike up like a fender eliminator... you can leave the stock on and deflect dirt yes but that thing sticks out so much. I use hand signals and wait my turn.

My old Ninja 500, people suggested getting aftermarket signals for the front because if/when you drop the bike it'll ram right into the fairing and crack it, and from the threads that I've read here of people dropping or going down, they've hit the frame slider, mirror and turn signals.
I wish i would have had my stock turn signals on when i went down. they may have been strong enough to hold my fairing up off the ground.

tgscanlan

Proton flush mounts problem?

Hey guys, I just installed my proton flush mounts and i noticed that when they run as daytime running lights the left side is brighter than the right side. However, when I turn on the blinkers you can barely tell if the left side (brighter drl) is blinking. The right blinker seems normal, I suppose, because it blinks really bright. Has anyone experienced this problem? Could it be a bad bulb/light? Any help would be much appreciated.

juicyfruitjim

Thank you for sharing this - I am going to get these ordered an on my new FZ6R - it clearly makes for a nice sleek look on the front of the bike!

rjsantana20

Hey guys, I just installed my proton flush mounts and i noticed that when they run as daytime running lights the left side is brighter than the right side. However, when I turn on the blinkers you can barely tell if the left side (brighter drl) is blinking. The right blinker seems normal, I suppose, because it blinks really bright. Has anyone experienced this problem? Could it be a bad bulb/light? Any help would be much appreciated.
I am no electrical expert but maybe the wiring is acting up. I have the proton flushies as well and I have noticed that after riding for over an hour, the lights begin to blink like hazzards. Not sure why. At first I thought it was a fluke but I think it happened again. I was going to go back in and check the wiring. I will take it for another 1hr + ride to make sure that it is happening.

TigerGenetics

I just picked up some Hot Bodies R6 Flushmount turn signals and had a couple questions.

1) for those with experience with these (Hotbodies) products, there is a bolt on the back that I am positive is used to secure the light to the bike, but on our 6R's, it doesn't reach anything for me to secure it to. So my question is should I just fabricate something (maybe a plastic brace or something) or just go buy some double-sided mounting tape (easier way I assume)?

2) As far as wiring, it is a simple 2-wire setup, but would I be able to simply cut cut off the stock harness from the light, splice it into the new signal wires (not connecting the blue wire) and just plug it back into the stock harness or would the three-wire stock setup pose a problem there?

Thanks!

Mkeenan13

Flush mounts

Looking for a solid application for our bike for Flush mount and mirrors. any ideas? I am not looking to spend a lot like the Proton lights (spendy).
Thanks!