Flushmount front signals

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

FZ6RGUY

I was able to do alll of my stuff for the protons with out removing fairings at all. You can reach in from the front of the faring and get the clip off and then pull the old signals off after unplugging harness from also inside the fairing from the front. Then i did the wiring and installed the protons from the outside of the fairing on the bike. Used a 1/4 ratchet with extension to put the nut and washer on from inside and plugged in harness. It is def a job to be done without removing the fairings. IMO :)

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

FZ6RGUY

No man. i work on cars for a living. I get payed to find the quickest way of removing and replacing stuff. I did not have to touch the fairings. It can all be done from around the front or through top by triple trees. Honestly. not trying to be rude or anything. It is infact how i did them though:D:D

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

rskinz6r

yeah i dont wanna remove the fairings, thats prob where most of time would be anyway. I know i can reach no prob. Thus tab your talking about what exactly does it look like? If someone is willing to take a pic one side that would be cool. I know a lot of peeps didnt take off their fairings to get to them so its got to be super easy

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

rskinz6r

ok so i tried just a little while ago with no luck. Wiring is disconnected but i try pullng that tab and it feels like im gonna break everything including the fairing.

What do i need to pull on to pop the clip? the side of the signal that holding the clip or pull the clip up from the back of the signal (lets say im working on the right signal)

rskinz6r

alright well i got them done couple hours of go. I finally figured out how to pop the clip of and i was like "oh im a noobie lol". It was super easy and no removing the fairings. Mine surprisingly run as running lights even though the OE connectors on the flushies have 2 wires, weird. they are smoked and look awsome! They do stick out a little more than most i have seen which is fine by me : )

nsrider

I JUST installed mine an hour or so ago. With the Protons, it is:

Black to Black
Red to Blue

And the package will tell you which of the Proton wires to connect to the last wire depending on the pattern you want (yellow is the strobe, orange is the steady flash, both together are the slow fade.)
Did you find that the stock rear signals flashed really fast after installing the protons?

spider2k

Elite Member
All I did was install the Proton Flush mounts according to the instructions.

There were no extra parts.

The front flash accordingly and the rear just flash a little faster. On Proton's website, they say that can happen.

At this point, my bike is all together.