Flushmount front signals

MNDZA

Just installed my flushmount turn signals. I began taking pictures so I could make a "how to", but it was soooo easy to install that it's not needed. Took less than ten minutes. I got the chrome ones. They do not stay on as running lights (which is how I like it) and cause the turn signals to flash at a faster rate (which is also what I wanted to make me more conspicuous). They are very bright too.

r0bot

Those look very nice on the black FZ6R which is what I plan on picking up. Where did you order them from MNDZA?

MNDZA

r0bot

Any install instructions or are they necessary? How do you remove the old lights and keep the new ones in place (sorry very new to these things).

MNDZA

Any install instructions or are they necessary? How do you remove the old lights and keep the new ones in place (sorry very new to these things).
Instructions are not necessary. All you do is unclip the current light from the harness from under the fairing which is easily accessible from the top of the forks. Then twist the stock turn signals fairly hard (they won't break) until this little plastic retainer clip comes off and pull them out. Then feed the new wire through the hole and put on the screw-on retainer from the inside of the fairing. The light actually fits the hole perfectly. Reclip the harness and tuck the wires.

J

jtarkany

It is very simple, but, if you are new to the bike you may not realize how easy it is to remove the front turn signals and replace them.

First, take a look at the image (below). You will notice that the body of the Signal housing attaches to the Flasher Stay (Items 9 & 18) with rubber catches.

Reach inside the fairing from the top, lift these rubber catches up, and pull the flasher stay, it will pop right out leaving the signal body free to remove with no twisting or tugging.

Disconnect the Flasher Stay from the wiring, remove the Signal Body, put double sided tape on your flush mounts (usually included in the package) feed the flushmount wire through the hole, line up your flushmount and press it into place, connect the wiring and your done. Fast, easy, clean looking :thumbup:. Hope this helps, those of you that are just getting familiar with your bike.

Updated for 07' - 08' here: http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/how-tos/15113-installing-flush-mounts.html

RZ350 Rider

Got mine yesterday. Way cool and small, putting them on tonight after woik. I ordered another set for the rear today. Thanks MNDZA.

RZ350 Rider

D

DMP84

I was actually wondering if there is any way to disable those runnings lights on stock turn signals... any help is appreciated. Thanks.

RZ350 Rider

I was actually wondering if there is any way to disable those runnings lights on stock turn signals... any help is appreciated. Thanks.
The new lights are only two wire units. Maybe you could just snip the third wire on the stock ones?

RZ350 Rider

MNDZA

xplodnstar

There's a few out there. Just about any flushmounts for the 02-08 R6 should work. I got some chrome finish ones that look nice on the white one. I think MNDZA got smoke for his black bike, a sweet, stealth look.

MNDZA

There's a few out there. Just about any flushmounts for the 02-08 R6 should work. I got some chrome finish ones that look nice on the white one. I think MNDZA got smoke for his black bike, a sweet, stealth look.
Actually, I have the chrome ones too. I might order the smoke ones in the future, but they look cool for now. The only downside to flushmounts is that people in front of you or a little offcenter can't see your signal.

Y

Yatz86

It is very simple, but, if you are new to the bike you may not realize how easy it is to remove the front turn signals and replace them.

First, take a look at the image (below). You will notice that the body of the Signal housing attaches to the Flasher Stay (Items 9 & 18) with rubber catches.

Reach inside the fairing from the top, lift these rubber catches up, and pull the flasher stay, it will pop right out leaving the signal body free to remove with no twisting or tugging.

Disconnect the Flasher Stay from the wiring, remove the Signal Body, put double sided tape on your flush mounts (usually included in the package) feed the flushmount wire through the hole, line up your flushmount and press it into place, connect the wiring and your done. Fast, easy, clean looking :thumbup:. Hope this helps, those of you that are just getting familiar with your bike.

Thanks 4 d writeup. will come handy when I install my fairings:thumbup: