Boots

Boot Input please, What would you get for my situation?

• Sidi Fusion Rain

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Sidi Fusion Standard

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • AS S-MX 5 Waterproof

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AS S-MX 5 Standard

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • AS Gore-Tex Web

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Sidi Cobra Standard or Rain

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:
for one...post up on MNSBR for your trailer needs....people have tons of those and are selling them. craigslist weilded over 200 under motorcycle trailer and most are cycle/utility trailers.

second off...if you want to conserve but get a great boot just go with the standard sidi fusion. Thing is any one of those boots sells cheaper new on ebay when I was boot shopping.

with money constraints i suggest the sidi standards. you qanted them to be toasty in temps of 40-50. well, today i was riding in those temps and the boots champed those temperatures. as for comfort, with any boot will take some time to get worn in, ive had mine a few weeks and they are starting to fit just right. got mine on motorcycle superstore for 200 flat with a 5 % off discount. i wouldve bought off ebay except i had a giftcard to MSS and wanted to use it.:rant:
holler.

I love my Sidi ST's too, but they are definitely not a commuter-friendly boot because the armor makes them very rigid and not easy to walk around in... Boots that flex more in the middle and ankles are better for commuting & wearing all day... Ironically, boots like the Vega Sport II's (I was selling) are a very comfortable daily riding boot.

I love my Sidi ST's too, but they are definitely not a commuter-friendly boot because the armor makes them very rigid and not easy to walk around in... Boots that flex more in the middle and ankles are better for commuting & wearing all day... Ironically, boots like the Vega Sport II's (I was selling) are a very comfortable daily riding boot.

I commute with my cobra. I just take them off when I get to work.

I wouldn't want to wear them at work anyway. They would be ruined within a day with what I do.

Sharp heels and outside buckle straps sometimes makes it hard to position your legs/ feet- both during cornering and when putting a foot down. The buckle can get snagged on the foot peg or get in the way. and, if you're not used to it it can catch u off guard. Happened to one of my friends and to me when we were breaking in the boots- tho he ha the A Supertechs and I the Sidi ST's... The Velcro seal is far less accident prone is what I'm saying I guess.

FWIW, I've got the AS S-MX Plus Race boots, the only problem I have with them is that they squeak like crazy when you walk (loud enough to make people pay attention in a busy store). I don't know if all Alpine Stars are like this but it's something to consider (Sidi could have the same issue).

My Sidi ST's squeaked when I got them new too. I lubed the rotator cup on both boots and now they are ok. It's probably a common problem

FWIW, I've got the AS S-MX Plus Race boots, the only problem I have with them is that they squeak like crazy when you walk (loud enough to make people pay attention in a busy store). I don't know if all Alpine Stars are like this but it's something to consider (Sidi could have the same issue).

I just bought the same boots last month. Mine don't squeek, that i am aware of, but I think they remedied that problem with the 'new smx plus boots'. Does yours have the 3 ovals over the top of the foot? Mine have the accordian leather panel.

Back