black or white for 2012

6R Blackout

Id prolly go yellow...and 2009....otherwise your bike is slower. Yellow is the fastest and always will be.
Let me say this, your bike is only as fast as you ride it CC! Color has nothing to do with it! Take no offense just kidding around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

fltdriver

When I went to the Yamaha Dealer in Feb all of their sport bikes were either Black or Blue, except for one badass looking 2010 FZ6R that that was white (with red graphics not the pink tribal). It caught my eye then and still gets more complements than any of my friends darker bikes. Like others have said it is much easier to keep it looking clean than the black option and does hide my brain fart scratch.

ngengs

Id prolly go yellow...and 2009....otherwise your bike is slower. Yellow is the fastest and always will be.
For 2012, no yellow... btw, black is $100 more. The dealer where I bought my current bike, has the white one (a week ago) for $7200 (sticker $7599), out the door with tax, doc fees, reg fees, BS fees=$8238. He said in April more promos will be offered. So one more month ain't gonna kill me to wait.

NAFz6rJr

For 2012, no yellow... btw, black is $100 more. The dealer where I bought my current bike, has the white one (a week ago) for $7200 (sticker $7599), out the door with tax, doc fees, reg fees, BS fees=$8238. He said in April more promos will be offered. So one more month ain't gonna kill me to wait.
What promos? did he say? Just incase the salesman tries to forget to tell me lol

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

SAFE-T

The white one is terrible ~ just the 2010 model minus the red seat and half of the decal on the front fairing and the cool gold wheels.

Yamaha, you suck

SpawnXX

Premium Member

dawg

Looks like they changed the design for 2012 and the white ones dont have the pink decals anymore or is that FZ6R decal pink... if it is I'm sure it can be replaced/removed.

Last edited:

applejax

2011 raven black has been proven to be the fastest and most responsive color and yesr of all the fz6r ever made.

motogp6r

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I joined because I am itching to buy an fz6r after comparing it with the versys and the ninja 650.

Anyway, in my research one of the articles that I've read was to appeal to the female motorcyclists, Yamaha made the white model. I am male, 52 yrs old and I am considering the white one because I feel it's more visible to other motorists, especially at night. Having sited the safety aspect of this color, I really like the black one better. Either color, this is one good looking bike! All the reviews that I've read are great. A couple of things in particular that I like about this bike over the kawis are, 4-cylinders and adj seats.

One thread I read from a guy who bought a white one and had the graphics removed, leaving it all white, which also looked good.

Would anyone care to comment-male, female, black fz6r owners, white fz6r owners?
you want visibility get a new oldstock yellow fz6r

miketriebsch

What's more visible than yellow lol. No but seriously I like the white, once you take off the sticker and cover the paint on the tank with the black cover it looks great!!

Alex6

Any color you select should be fine ... as long as it is black. ;)
And about visibility - you ARE invisible to the drivers no matter what color you choose.
I've seen people pull in front of the RED fire truck with the sirens and lights on. I don't make this up, she was driver in the car just in front of me. And she was not talking on the phone!