black or white for 2012

ngengs

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I joined because I am itching to buy an fz6r after comparing it with the versys and the ninja 650.

Anyway, in my research one of the articles that I've read was to appeal to the female motorcyclists, Yamaha made the white model. I am male, 52 yrs old and I am considering the white one because I feel it's more visible to other motorists, especially at night. Having sited the safety aspect of this color, I really like the black one better. Either color, this is one good looking bike! All the reviews that I've read are great. A couple of things in particular that I like about this bike over the kawis are, 4-cylinders and adj seats.

One thread I read from a guy who bought a white one and had the graphics removed, leaving it all white, which also looked good.

Would anyone care to comment-male, female, black fz6r owners, white fz6r owners?

JSP

Super Moderator
Whichever one you like best. It is your bike. But be prepared for a flaming color war to break out in your thread now haha. :zombie:

RooKie

All personal preference. It's an FZ6r so no matter what color you get, you've already made a great choice! :thumbup:

I got the white one for the visibility reason like you mentioned, but with either color you can make yourself visible by adding reflective trim to your bike and/or wear reflective gear for additional safety.

Good luck making up your mind and welcome to the forum! :cool:

ajskillz13

WHITE!!! We need more members here with white bikes! Haha...

Seriously though, the 2012 white is not female looking at all. They had to take the pink flame decals off of my 2009 and swap the tank for a 2010 to get the plain white look. All you have is a red decal. No worries there. There are probably as many if not more guys on here with the white bike than there are gals.

Good luck and enjoy it!

kevin8198

Elite Member

Chucker

The choice is really yours, but black is by far the best and everyone who truly has style owns a black one. But it's up to you.

Captcha

2012 has more power?

I actually like the white over the black as well but just because I only own white vehicles. Black on cars is a pain I'm sure it's no different on bikes.

To me it is a color on vehicles I love to look at when it's clean and always say I want it but I will realistically never own it.

Chucker

2012 has more power?

I actually like the white over the black as well but just because I only own white vehicles. Black on cars is a pain I'm sure it's no different on bikes.

To me it is a color on vehicles I love to look at when it's clean and always say I want it but I will realistically never own it.
I'm with you on the problems with black on a car, but I like to keep my bike spotless, so it's OK to have the absolute best colour, hands down.

cdsdave

White all the way. Doesn't show scratches as easy as black and easier to keep looking clean, plus it matches up well with my other white bike.

CrazyCawi

Id prolly go yellow...and 2009....otherwise your bike is slower. Yellow is the fastest and always will be.

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

NAFz6rJr

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I joined because I am itching to buy an fz6r after comparing it with the versys and the ninja 650.

Anyway, in my research one of the articles that I've read was to appeal to the female motorcyclists, Yamaha made the white model. I am male, 52 yrs old and I am considering the white one because I feel it's more visible to other motorists, especially at night. Having sited the safety aspect of this color, I really like the black one better. Either color, this is one good looking bike! All the reviews that I've read are great. A couple of things in particular that I like about this bike over the kawis are, 4-cylinders and adj seats.

One thread I read from a guy who bought a white one and had the graphics removed, leaving it all white, which also looked good.

Would anyone care to comment-male, female, black fz6r owners, white fz6r owners?
Hey bro, Im new as well and buying mine in mid April....Similar situation but I am definately going for the black one...the dealership that i am buying from has a white one in stock now but i am waiting for the black one to come in...GO BLACK lol

NAFz6rJr

Personally - I will NEVER own another black bike! Or black truck, or black car....
But really - its up to your personal taste. Most people will tell you that one color is faster than the other.....
lol My truck is black, car is black, shoes are black, hat is black, dog is black, and I love it!!!!! :D