Best Grips I have ever seen

efforex

So i finally got these yesterday and installed them today took a little ride around the parking lot as its raining here in so-cal and man def a difference much more comfortable just in that little ride will offer more once i have a chance to test them out ! thanks for the spot on these Crazycawi

danieljardim

Just had mine installed on my diavel.

Made a huge difference at idle. Didn't have a chance to ride yet.

What amazes me is how a 20k bike has such a cheap ass grip on it.. :confused:

travisH3

Just ordered a set for my 6r. Hopefully they are as good as everyone says!

efforex

alh081

i ordered mine a few days ago on amazon. waiting for them to arrive.

Deathdiesel

Not gunna lie got mine, and am not super impressed atm. Maybe they need a break in? Either way after about 45min-hour my fingers still get numb/tingly. Maybe its not quite as bad, but not as much as I expected.

Two cons. One, the grips are tacky to touch, its how they are designed, and is good in some situations, bad in others. Still getting used to it pulling on my fingers when I let go of the bars.

Two, they need to trim down the outside edges on the inside of the grips. They are touching my bar ends, and providing enough friction to actually slow down my acceleration if your not pulling up when braking.

Caught me by surprise once or twice when I let off and kept going with no reducing in speed, they do slow down, but its a lot slower because of the friction.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

MrGti

Not gunna lie got mine, and am not super impressed atm. Maybe they need a break in? Either way after about 45min-hour my fingers still get numb/tingly. Maybe its not quite as bad, but not as much as I expected.

Two cons. One, the grips are tacky to touch, its how they are designed, and is good in some situations, bad in others. Still getting used to it pulling on my fingers when I let go of the bars.

Two, they need to trim down the outside edges on the inside of the grips. They are touching my bar ends, and providing enough friction to actually slow down my acceleration if your not pulling up when braking.

Caught me by surprise once or twice when I let off and kept going with no reducing in speed, they do slow down, but its a lot slower because of the friction.
Did you put them on right? They are marked left and right side, and have a up arrow.

Deathdiesel

1) They're called "grips" for a reason. :)

2) You sometimes have to do more than simply slap them on and expect them to work perfectly. It's installer error; not the grip's fault.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
How are you aware of my faulty installation? What could I have possibly done wrong? Let alone something thats easy enough for you to tell instantly online without seeing them, and already know its exactly my fault for installing them incorrectly?

Did you put them on right? They are marked left and right side, and have a up arrow.
Its impossible to fit the left and right side on either side, because one had a smaller ID and other had larger ID. And yes I went with the correct angle.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

Easy there tiger. The reason I know is that I've installed a few different grips and have had the same issue. I had to trim some of the grip end where it rubbed on the bar end so that it snapped back the way it is supposed to. If you take the bar end off does it snap back the way it should? I'm betting that's your problem. If not then it's something else that is fixable if you have any brains at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
That was the obvious answer. My response being rather aggressive, was due to your response being rather rudely insulting to me.

I was referring to the vibration not being that much better, the idea of trimming the extra material is known, and planned.

danieljardim

That was the obvious answer. My response being rather aggressive, was due to your response being rather rudely insulting to me.

I was referring to the vibration not being that much better, the idea of trimming the extra material is known, and planned.
Love is in the air. :catfight:

egonline

I just ordered a pair from their website -- shorty for both brake and clutch, black lever with black adjuster hardware.

Thanks for the recommendation -- I just saved $160 by not going with the Pazzos I originally entertained ordering. We'll see whether or not these babies are reliable and whether they fade, though. Time will tell if the Pazzos had been a better purchase.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

DubiousDrummer

:backtotopic:

I bought and installed the black on black ones last week. Installing is a b*tch and half, but I'm really please with how they feel.

Side note, it started raining on my way back on Saturday, and my gloves didn't slip or even feel the wetness, whereas with the stock ones my throttle side grip would get a little slippery.

In all, love these things, love the price (less than $20), would most definitely recommend.

efforex

:bitchslap: :welcome:

travisH3

Got mine on and will be able to test them tomorrow morning. I'm excited!!!

alh081

just installed mine. removed the stock left one easily and ended up cutting the right one off. putting the new ones on were fairly easy. liking the way they feel!

travisH3

just installed mine. removed the stock left one easily and ended up cutting the right one off. putting the new ones on were fairly easy. liking the way they feel!
I had to cut both mine off. The left side one had a bunch of glue on it, the throttle side had no glue so after I installed them I only put glue on the left side like it was from the factory. I definitely like the way they feel. Haven't done a long enough ride to see if the numbing of the hands is any better