Another from the panhandle

Crafty

Greetings from the gulf

Picked up a 2009 FZ6R raven at the end of february, and looking to complete the MSF course this weekend. First bike, can't wait to take her for a spin

Welcome, start out easy and work your way up. Have you had any riding experience? Ride safe!

welcome from Cali, we just had another rider join from the panhandle yesterday. Go very easy, this may be the lowest model sportbike Yamaha makes but it still hauls *** and is heavy.

welcome from Cali, we just had another rider join from the panhandle yesterday. Go very easy, this may be the lowest model sportbike Yamaha makes but it still hauls *** and is heavy.

Yes! Even in sixth at 40 if I twist the throttle it picks up very quickly

Yes! Even in sixth at 40 if I twist the throttle it picks up very quickly

it has a very even power band. When i first got it i took my wife just around the block, told her to hang on tight i was going to give it some juice so she could see whats its like compared to my cruiser. I barely twisted the throttle and she almost fell off, just managed to save it. I said what part of hang on tight didnt you get lol, she said she was

No kidding about it being heavy, at least compared to the rinky dinky MSF bikes (granted this is my first bike, so i have little/no frame of reference for how "heavy" bikes can be). Took it around the block a few times for maybe like 10 minutes, and almost dropped it once at a stop.

Well I'm a noob too haha. So we could go on slower rides and not worry about having to keep up with other experienced riders.

Back