2 Brothers Exhaust... What the difference ?

Yehbaby351

Alrighty ive been doing some research on 2 Brothers Exhaust Systems for the FZ6R.

I really want to get one but im getting confused a bit.

Some are carbon fiber, some are stainless, some are titanium. ( i gather thats the muffler part)

But im also seeing there are the standard full system and the V.A.L.E system.

as well as silver series , black series, m2 series....

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE.

Do they all sound the same or does each setup give out a different sound or noise.

What have people used and what are their reactions.......

Last edited:

Bert-Aus

The only difference is in the finish of the baffle canister.
The VALE system is a number of reducing inserts to restrict the amount of exhaust is emitted, and thusly noise too.
2Bros is the most common system sold for the FZ6R, IMO it's only due to the ease of finding them.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

BzB

i recently installed the black series 2 bros full system. from my research they're basically all the same with the exception of the finish on the muffler. the inserts basically control how loud the exhaust is. mine came with the p1x silencer which is a good medium, not too restrictive but not too loud. sounds very good compared to stock.

if you do get a full exhaust such as the 2 bros you should also consider installing a power commander to tune the engine for the exhaust. you might also need block off plates to suppress popping sound on deceleration. i've done all the above and loaded marthy's adv rev gear map via the power commander. makes a noticeable difference in power.

Yehbaby351

Will definitely put a power commander on and also the fuel tuner as well as i have been told with that , you wont need to get it dyno tuned....

So does anyone know what set up is the loudest and which one is the quietest out of the 2 bros exhaust range. Or is it just removing the plates or inserts to make it louder.....

Yehbaby351

i recently installed the black series 2 bros full system. from my research they're basically all the same with the exception of the finish on the muffler. the inserts basically control how loud the exhaust is. mine came with the p1x silencer which is a good medium, not too restrictive but not too loud. sounds very good compared to stock.

if you do get a full exhaust such as the 2 bros you should also consider installing a power commander to tune the engine for the exhaust. you might also need block off plates to suppress popping sound on deceleration. i've done all the above and loaded marthy's adv rev gear map via the power commander. makes a noticeable difference in power.

So when you say block off plates..... where do they go... and can you buy them online....

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BzB

Will definitely put a power commander on and also the fuel tuner as well as i have been told with that , you wont need to get it dyno tuned....

So does anyone know what set up is the loudest and which one is the quietest out of the 2 bros exhaust range. Or is it just removing the plates or inserts to make it louder.....
most people leave out the fuel tuner/autotune. marthy's maps have been dyno'd and there seems to be a general consensus the maps are good enough that autotune isn't worth it. as for loudness that's determined by the inserts. no insert is the loudest. the p1x insert that comes with the exhaust is a level down, but still sounds good and reduces exhaust drone on the hwy.

scott covered the block off plates. if you're handy with a set of tools and patient the installation isn't intimidating as it might seem. mistaht also has a few youtube vids walking through exhaust and block off plate installation that were very helpful for me.

blkbrd

Elite Member

Rumpig

Australian bikes have an O2 sensor were as American bikes don't, so using Marthy's maps in a P.C V won't work out the same.

bro_paul

Has anyone got a IXIL system? I think the Dual Hyperlow looks great. Is TBR better? Or just the most common because it's easy to get?