Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

sbhoopsfan

Good luck dude, i hope they treat you right.

Spunky99

I'm really glad you and the wife are OK.
I had a similar experience almost....
After I installed my custom pipe on the FZ6R, I started up Mulholland Dr and hit each corner faster and faster until I heard the pipe scraping. Then I looked and saw a rivet head almost gone on the can and I stopped. The pipe should not scrape at all or this is what might happen. Sorry about all the pain and suffering but you learned the hard way..

b_who

Ouch man, Good thiing your ok. You got slammed down hard.
Hope everything works out good and all in your favor

Sent from my Droid

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

jocampo

Well, it was my turn today....I wrecked the bike....and my wife was along for the ride too... We were headed down a mountain, and were taking a low speed corner. We couldn't have been going more than 30 mph. I am blaming it on the pipes that we put on it. The Vance and Hines pipes that we have on it are actually lower than stock. We scrape pipes before we scrape pegs, so it becomes a pivot point at greater lean angles. That is what happened today, and I think next I am going to send V&H an email, because they may want to consider a design change!!! If we are friends on Facebook, don't say anything there, my wife hasn't been able to talk to her dad yet.

Did I mention that I was recording with the Gopro? Below is the vid, and I want to say that in the video the turn is deceiving, but the photos tell the story a little better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwYIad_ms-c

We are okay, I think that I bruised my ribs, because it is hard to breathe, that is what all the noise is about, because that hurts like hell!! I have a little rash on my wrist where it pushed my jacket up, and some on my hip since I slid, and a few bruises. My wife has some rash on both knees, but not too bad. She also had a swollen wrist, and some rash on her fingers since her glove ripped.
Damm... I was offline for a week because my new job and someone else crashed too? :)

Are you ok? ... sorry to hear that ...

jocampo

Latest update: Progressive in normal fashion is amazing. I get a call in the afternoon, and I talked to the adjuster, and he fears that it may be a total loss. It apparently doesn't take much. They offer to tow it free to their salvage yard where they have an agent standing by to access the damage. They will then determine if it is a total loss. IF it is a total loss, they will include ALL accessories that were added to the base value of the STOCK bike, and add anything added after the fact. They will then meet with us and propose what they are willing to offer, which we can then say our peace. Little nervous about dealing with that, because I know insurance companies just want to get off cheap. Not sure how I really want it to pan out right now, but just waiting. I expect to hear from them tomorrow, because they are just that fast.
Yeah, Progressive people are fast! It is almost a month since my accident and I am still waiting for AMICA to give me my money back.

I did not go with Progressive because was ny my fault and other party paid full price of the bike, not market price.

My 2 cents, after dealing with all that crap for two weeks, and still ... do it take 1st offer. Even if your bike is used, ask for more. While they are good (Progressive) will always go lower.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I took a break from the forums and come back to this!!! Glad you three are OK after that and here to type about it. High kudos to both of you for wearing the gear. Bikes can be replaced but there's only one of each of you.

Heal fast you two!