wow just wow =,(

JSP

Super Moderator
You need to get that front sprocket cover off...

bleedinblue

Elite Member

SurfJunkie

You need to get that front sprocket cover off...
+2.

I see no oil explosion or bits of destruction in those pics. You may yet escape this one OP. Need pics with the front cover off though.
Also, try the above mentioned by other members prior to attempting to fire it up once you get the chain completely out. ( WITH THE BIKE OFF. put it in gear, let the clutch out, can you roll the bike or not ? )

SurfJunkie

you gonna need ( that i can see thus far )

1. COVER, GENERATOR 2 PN: 20S-15425-10-00 $73.28 you should be able to pull the guts out of your old one. Otherwise the clutch push lever assembly is another 53.72.
2. GUIDE, INLET PN:20S-15377-00-00 $21.97
3. New chain maybe sprockets.

EDIT: That 1st pic of the last round looks BAD. Pull the chain and take more pics pretty plz.

Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

FZ6R30073

OK as for cash, I'm.limited. I'm.fixing to go in the service so I won't have time to repair it. Yet. But I'd like to talk about how to fix it. What I need to do and what new parts I need. I see threads don't get deleted so when I have the cash and time I can refer back to this thread. Anything will help. I greatly appreciate everything everyone shares and anything else. Thank You.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

FZ6R30073

I want to say I'm mechanically incline, I've never messed with internal parts, this would be the first time. Ive done a lot of work outside of the engine, I don't mind trying internal fixings. But if i have to do this with like timing and what not, that might be my biggest challange. It seems the worst was that the chain ripped the bolt holders off of that casing, and it sheared about 1/8th of that rod as well, so I'm hoping that broke before tearing some (or just 1st gear) apart.

Adroit

This really sucks, I hope you get it back up and running soon :(

Not trying to derail the thread at all, but does anyone know what could have caused this (or how to prevent it?) I've heard of chains falling off before, but the stories I got were just "I was on the freeway and all of a sudden I lost power yet the rpm jumped up" kinda thing, and they had to buy a new chain. After seeing these pics I'm thinking maybe it'd be a good idea to replace the chain around it's expected life (I have no idea how long they are supposed to last) and keep an eye out for any warning signs (again no idea if there are any). Anyone wanna give me a quick cliff notes version on chains or throw me a link for me to read up on? :(

FZ6R30073

Well I can say one thing about chains, stay away from master links. That's what gave on mine. I did a master link BC I was told it was as strong as a riveted one. Thats not true. Yea was easier in a sense to do a master link but if I could do it again I would do it the riveted way for sure. Learned a tough lesson. I hope i can get her up and running again. Wont be any time soon bc ill be going in the service here shortly and wont have time. But ill get it.

Chuckwick357

First off: THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

I was afraid you would find this kind of destruction. Links are not the way to go. It’s not that they are weak they just come apart. Some people use them for years successfully but $79 for a good chain tool why take the risk. Hope it all works out for ya.

SurfJunkie

Yes, you can cry now.

I think its new crankcase time, just to replace the mounting location for the generator / clutch lever arm as yours was sheered off.

There is a very small chance that someone who is GOOD with tig welding or aluminum work might be able to weld the bits back on or weld in enough material to re tap and dye, but the chances are slim.

JB weld would likely just make a mess and be a waste of time, so id advise against it. ( Not to mention, you kinda NEED the clutch lever arm to be held in place tightly. Last thing you want is it to come loose at 80mph. )

Everyone please use a Rivet link when replacing your chain.

FZ6R30073

I appreciate the thanks, I hope to make many proud.

Yes you are correct weak.is wrong but coming apart is what it.exactly looks like!!!!!