wow just wow =,(

FZ6R30073

Yes, you can cry now.

I think its new crankcase time, just to replace the mounting location for the generator / clutch lever arm as yours was sheered off.

There is a very small chance that someone who is GOOD with tig welding or aluminum work might be able to weld the bits back on or weld in enough material to re tap and dye, but the chances are slim.

JB weld would likely just make a mess and be a waste of time, so id advise against it. ( Not to mention, you kinda NEED the clutch lever arm to be held in place tightly. Last thing you want is it to come loose at 80mph. )

Everyone please use a Rivet link when replacing your chain.
YES PLEASE RIVET FOREVER ;)

As for new parts welding and what not, I feel welding.is out of the question because the part that broke off that the bolt threads in basically blew apart.

SurfJunkie

YES PLEASE RIVET FOREVER ;)

As for new parts welding and what not, I feel welding.is out of the question because the part that broke off that the bolt threads in basically blew apart.
Then it be new crankcase time sir.
Start searching for used motors in running condition, or source a blown motor and swap all your parts over + rebuild.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

FZ6R30073

OK can someone get a link for me for a new crank case or part number? And.is.the crankcase the whole thing or does it come in halves?

Crpngdth

this time ill try to be helpful...

this is a link to the crankcase and oem part number i believe

this is directly from yamahas website but no price

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/partviewer/default.aspx?ls=sport#/Yamaha/FZ6R_-_FZ6RBCB_-_2012/CRANKCASE/FZ6RBCB_(2012_MOTORCYCLE)/CRANKCASE_(FZ6RBCB_-_2012)

heres one with prices

OEM Parts)

20S-15100-01-00

CRANKCASE ASSY

$1,720.94

cant link directly to it, but thats an easy part finder set up on there. best of luck

parting may be your best option considering you are headed into the forces shortly. finding someone parting with a good one used, may take as much time as breaking the bike down and shipping it all over.

jmo... best of luck

Last edited:

BoneJj

Damn, that's crazy crapola, I've never seen damage like that. I've seen chains lay out on the ground but nothing like this. What an insane situation you are in here.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

SurfJunkie

This is actually pretty minimal damage all things considered.
If that chain let go at speed, then we would all know what absolute case obliteration would look like. Not to mention the fact that your leg is next to this area as everything would be exploding. Very scary potential situation there.

The local dealership wants 1593 for the entire case assembly. ( the crank case splits horizontally into 2 pieces. A lower and an upper. The dealership only sells the PAIR. )

As stated, if you find a blown motor, i see no reason you cant split the crank case and just swap in the portion you need. Its really a rather involved process, so if you aren't comfortable tackling it, don't.

You can always take it to a shop, but be prepared to bend over with no lube.

Its really up to you OP. Depending on what you owe on the bike, perhaps a part out is your best bet.

Good luck with whatever route you take.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

FZ6R30073

I dont see anything worth crying over yett.Except for that sock on your shift pedal.QUOTE]

sorry about what happened man, and please dont take this the wrong way, but i lold off my chair and spit my water out over this.
Hahaha!!!!! At this moment I need humor and that's funny!!! As for the sock it saved my shoes from black marks.

Back to my bike that looks like death. So just the hollow of the crankcase is $1500-1700? And parting my bike would mean selling parts off of it. Almost sounds better to sell the bike as is and invest it in a used one?

FZ6R30073

Well welding might be an option again, seeing as how the crankcase is completely fine but the 2 bolt holders for the clutch assymbly are sheared off, maybe they can be welded back on, I dont need the cover plate for my front sprocket, i can live without it if i have to.

I like the ideas that are coming here, If anyone knows where to look for a blown engine i might go that route seeing as how I only need the crankcase, heck i might just break off the good bolt holders on the blown crankcase and weld them on to mine, b/c its like my holders blew up in a flower shape.

FZ6R30073

I think thats the route I'm gonna go, I might need the wiring harness and ecu of the r6 and thats all. I hope.

Thank You all for your support, comments, and feedback. It's really helped me grieve less about this, my poor baby. Anyways, thank you all, When i start the R6 swap out ill make a thread about it. Thanks Again

Shane C.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

SurfJunkie

Dunno what you thinking OP.

Get another clean low mileage FZ6R motor ( the one on ebay for 1000 bucks didnt look bad to me. ) and swap it over to your bike.

How many people you know that are willing to purchase a bike with a swapped motor from another bike in it ?

How many people are willing to buy a clean stock OEM bike ?

The swap would also give you time to clean your entire frame and crevices, AND you already have the correct harness and ECU. Not to mention all the spare parts from your motor should something shitty occur in the future. Kinda seems like a no brain-er to me bud.