wow just wow =,(

FZ6R30073

All I did was normally drive from a stop at a stop sign. I heard a pop, engine stopped and.lost my clutch. My chain snapped. I'm.not sure what happened yet. Had to push my bike to work. Part or what could, wrapped on my front Sprocket. So I don't know what to think. My chain is toast for sure I'm not sure of clutch granted when I pull the lever it doesnt feel like a clutch. =\ so if i find my clutch is.bad anybody have a good replacement? I dont need a performance one, just one that will hold Up great!!! Awwww my poor bike.

JSP

Super Moderator
Have you kept up on proper chain slack/cleaning/lubing?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

FZ6R30073

you know I have a really funny story. My first chain I never lubbed clean or even ever adjusted for year and a half I put 15,000 miles on the chain. Don't get me wrong terrible idea that's that chain was stiffer than a rock. This chain I bought only lasted about 6000 miles and that with me lubricating and cleaning and adjusting every 500 miles. My first One never broke my second One did. What's up with that

dsanchez222

I'm not expert but I would think that chains should last WAY longer than 6,00 miles if you are cleaning/lubing it according to the bikes manual.

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

FZ6R30073

yes it did have a master link. After work I will see if that is what broke or It was the chain itself.also my chain wrapped around the front sprocket I think it jammed my engine cut it off and broke my clutch

Chuckwick357

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if your chain is stuck in the front sprocket the clutch it the last thing you have to worry about. I know that’s not what you wanted to hear.

Sorry man, I wish you luck.

JSP

Super Moderator
Is it a clip master link or is it rivet?

And yes, if it jammed up your front sprocket like you say.... thats not good at all. Please post pictures. Your chain could have cracked the case when it hit. Your sprocket locking up could have toasted your gears. At minimum a new output shaft bearing which you have to remove engine and split the case to do. All of these are big $$$....

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

FZ6R30073

Lol yea my first master link. Won't get another if thats what caused it. Yea the chain wrapped around the front sprocket twice and locked it up. Lol are you thinking.i bent some rods? .should.i.try to start it?

FZ6R30073

Don't worry pics will be here in a few hours. I was a mile from work when it did it so I pushed it lol. Oh I wasn't going fast with the bike. Probably 4000rpm at 5mph and it snapped.

SurfJunkie

Is it a clip master link or is it rivet?

And yes, if it jammed up your front sprocket like you say.... thats not good at all. Please post pictures. Your chain could have cracked the case when it hit. Your sprocket locking up could have toasted your gears. At minimum a new output shaft bearing which you have to remove engine and split the case to do. All of these are big $$$....
I'm willing to put good money on it being a clip master that was likely installed backwards.

Use Rivet links ONLY on replacement chains for this exact reason.

I got my fingers crossed for you OP. I Hope It isn't as bad as what J stated.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

FZ6R30073

I just want to say I'm going to cry as I post these pics =,(
To answer questions, it was the master link.that broke. With the chain off you would think.I've never cleaned it. But I've been faithful on cleaning every 500 miles how could.it look and be as stiff as it is.

SomeGuyFromCali

If your case is damaged this stuff works great for cover up jobs:
RustOleum
High Heat Ultra (semi gloss black)

The semigloss is not an exact paint match but it is close. I posted some pics of the 2012 Raven I fixed for my ex when she dropped her bike in the gravel going 2 mph. I was AMAZED how well it cleaned up. You can't even tell it was dropped on that case now. Hopefully it works for you too, maybe with a little JB weld like others have suggested if you do have a minor cracking going on.

SomeGuyFromCali

Oh and cheer up man! She'll be back in the road in no time. At least it happened at the END of the riding season and not the early spring right? Just think of it like you are putting her down for maintenance early this year :rolleyes: