What number or really a high chance of rain for you

What chance of rate is a serious one for you.

• 10% chance of rain

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 20% chance of rain

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 30% or more

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • I do not believe or pay attention

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jocampo

I know we have tons of sites and weather people, but usually is a trend when they give a forecast. But what number do you consider or really evaluate as a serious one before riding your bike or start your daily commute?

Last edited:
Temperature is the only thing I'm worried about, below 5 celsius and I'd avoid it.went out beginning of this year in less and landed up on my arse just down the street when the front went onto sheet ice.

Rain is just wet, avoid the usual suspects (manholes, painted lines, diesel...) and you'll be okay.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Temperature is the only thing I'm worried about, below 5 celsius and I'd avoid it.went out beginning of this year in less and landed up on my arse just down the street when the front went onto sheet ice.

Rain is just wet, avoid the usual suspects (manholes, painted lines, diesel...) and you'll be okay.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

So your vote is , "you do not believe or pay attention" I guess, lol ...

I just assume that it rain everyday from June to October here in Florida... Almost over... :surrender::surrender::surrender:

Must be nice for the plants in West Palm... Here in Jax it rained a lot last week and that was the first good rain we'd had in awhile. It was torrential though. Made for a "fun" ride home.

I usually leave the bike home for a 30% percent chance. Riding the rain is not enjoyable to me at all.

If there is any chance of rain I bring or wear my rain gear. Otherwise I only pay attention to the temp. If there is a chance of it freezing I don't ride unless there is no precip or if there is any dew (aka black ice).

I dont care about the percent. I ride either way :)

I have had much better luck looking at the radar maps over reading what the weather people have to say. Around here if they don't know what's going to happen they throw a 30% at it.

I always have rain gear in the bike, I really only look out the window and if it's raining I put it on before I leave lmao! Temp. is much more important, need a liner, wich gloves, that kinda stuff.

Still fairly new to riding, and hadnt had any rain here in Dallas to really experience riding in it. I feel VERY comfortable on the bike, but not too sure how I would like riding in the rain!

Sleet and hail are my least favorite. Super slick and cold in sleet and hail hurts like hell on the interstate

Still fairly new to riding, and hadnt had any rain here in Dallas to really experience riding in it. I feel VERY comfortable on the bike, but not too sure how I would like riding in the rain!

Well, I'm in Houston, so we both don't need to worry too much about freezing temperatures. Although, has been really crazy here in Texas recently.

I was riding my old Ninja 250 on the rain a few years ago and was not fun. I had a helmet, but the visibility was poor. So the risk of someone hit me from behind, scares me a lot.

I would not ride if there is a high chance of rain.

Back