What did you do to your bike today?

Spunky99

I kinda forgot we had this thread LOL
Saturday I removed my rearsets, Barends, Kickstand, and passenger pegs and sent them off to the powdercoater. Should be back by the end of this week! I'm hoping for saturday so that I can go put them on sunday :)

Damn, I expected the 995 to make more power. That's the same power my 675 makes (Horsepower wise, I have less torque) :rolleyes:

Also, are those D3 grips comfortable to ride with Spunky? My brother got them for me for christmas, but i've grown to love the stockers :lol:
I love the D3 grips. I had them on the FZ6R so I went the same way on the Daytona 995I. A little larger in diameter than stock BTW. Went with the fake Pazzo shorty levers too.
It's a 955cc FI watercooled engine that has 18K miles and is 12 years old as Marty said.

My MAX is 110 BHP is at 8K RPM....with torque at about 87 at the same RPM.
Compared to the 675, at 8K RPM you are making about 75 HP and 60 ft lbs taken from a dyno with an aftermarket exhaust.
Having to wring out the motor to 12.6 K to get 110 HP is not any different than a R6, CBR, GSXR or any other 4 cyl high RPM bike. To put it into perspective, I have that tractor pulling power at the lower RPMs that attracted me to the FZ6R. I just have a lot more power but basically the same power curve as the FZ6R. It makes it real comfortable to ride in traffic and split lanes. Having a passenger doesn't change the handling or acceleration either as it did on the FZ6R.

Like all factory specs, they usually don't show it on a dyno.:rolleyes:

675 specs:
124 hp (92 kW) @ 12,600 rpm
53 lbf·ft (72 N·m) @ 11,700 rpm

955i specs:
130 PS (96 kW or 128 bhp) at 9,900 rpm
100 N·m (74 ft·lbf) at 7,600 rpm

So stock specs indicate almost 1/3 extra torque of a 675...but at a much lower RPM. That's like an electric engine or a steam engine that has maximum torque at any RPM...LOL...crazy, stupid fast acceleration....

Your bike is the sweetest handling thing around BTW:....everyone that has ever rode one just loves them. Super canyon carvers....perfect for Mulholland. (The Snake)

JonKerr

Elite Member

Spunky99

Just looked at it. It's still sitting in the same place. Every f*^king week since I was a the track last month it's been sunny during the week and raining Friday-Sunday. Supposed to be more of the same this weekend. It's so annoying. Maybe I can get a ride in on Thanksgiving morning if it's dry.
I feel the same way Bro.....Been setting up trips to the zoo and the LB Aquarium with the Daughter until I get a good weekend to go have some fun.

Ride&Die

Well I got all my goodies in the mail yesterday,such as my 182 l.e.d. Light kit and my flush mounts only took a few hours to install looks great love her new look

txjames

Elite Member

kvc25

Prepped the bike for storage :(. Changed the oil and oil filter, and filled up the tank and added sta-bil. Tomorrow I will clean and lube the chain and wash and wax the bike. Then I will set up the battery tender, cover the bike and eagerly await spring time.

With rain in the forecast the next two days, and then decreasing temps the rest of the week, it looks like my first riding season is coming to an end. Enjoyed it tho. Put in 3000 miles of commute and leisure, and I'm looking forward to a winter full of mods.

JSP

Super Moderator
I rode it!!! :D Was a clear day today so I took her to work at lunch.

Almost lost her though :mad: Turning off of my road, the front end folded out from under me. I was not going fast at all. I dont know if it was sand or what. Instant reaction, yanked hard the other way and kicked my leg down hard. She came back up thank God. I would have cried haha.

Cell phone pic of her warming up :cool:

Last edited:

txjames

Elite Member

Sage

Put stabil in the tank a few days ago and hooked it up to the battery tender. Going to wash her and put the cover on =(

roadrat

I ended the ride as I knew I wasn't going to last like that in 40 degree whether. (Yes, that is cold to me!)
Looking forward to your videos James! Holy cow I would hate to end my ride crashing into one of those Texas-style stone monolith mailboxes...

Spunky99

We did the family Christmas thing on the 24th so I'd be able to have a nice private family Christmas and not spend 4 to 6 hours driving todaand that left me with no driving 100 miles to the relatives today so we went to church after opening presents at home and after I put together the Barbie Malibu Dream House and posed the Justin Bieber doll with the Barbies, I was free for a couple of hours so I went to the garage as it was about 70 F here today. It was about 2:30 PM and I was in shorts but it was still about 65 or so and I tackled the replacement of the rear rotor and brake pads.
The Haynes manual said I'd have to remove the rear axel from the single sided swingarm but that wasn't the case at all. I removed the muffler can and the rear wheel and then was able to remove the rotor bolts and turn it 1/4 turn and got it to slide off. After making the sure the new Galfer wave rotor would fit and slide back on, I cleaned up the rear of the bike and installed it and the Sixity scintered brake pads. Took about 2 hours of leisure time in no hurry at all total and it came out great. I didn't have a wrench or socket big enough for the rear bolt but I have a small vice that worked like a charm.
Can't wait to test it out tomorrow on the way to work. The old rear brake couldn't lock up the rear tire if you stood on it.....I hope this one works better.

Spunky99

Turned my preload 1 full turn out to lower my front end and dampener 1/4 turn for a more soft dampening. Turns into corners much better and feels smoother. Now to reduce the rebound. It's a process.....

Spunky99

Installed the rear hugger/chain guard in faux CF.....

daddyrack

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

JonKerr

Elite Member