the dreaded chain noise.

whittaker

I recently tried to fix this chains whining noise a lot of people said a lot of different things but once i pulled it apart it was obvious why mine was making the noise, check your front sprocket undo the casing (obviously) you only need an alan key to undo the bolts and a cloth on the end of a screwdriver or something to help you reach the hard to get places around the sprocket and guards.

What i did was wipe away the grime around the chain and sprocket but after a while this bike likes to pick up a lot of foreign things which may cut the plastic guard above the front sprocket which was making the noise some of the guard was rubbing on the chain so i cut the excess cleaned the sprocket adjusted the chain and lubed it up again i would say use some degreaser and get in there with a gurney and clean it completely but replacing the chain wouldn't hurt either if you have seen some plastic in your chain then replace it i believe it is part of the o rings from what everyone on the forums suggested so yes replace it if this is applicable to you.

my noise is gone and im very happy that it is because it drove me crazy whenever i passed a wall or car if i have missed something or said something you disagreed with post your thoughts this is purely information for everyone on the forums so if you can say something that can help speak up and lets make this forum a rich source of information for years to come.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

whittaker

I'll just take the dbk out of my viper if the chain starts getting too loud. LMFAO!!! No problems yet with mine, but my bike was brand new when I got it and miles are still low.
you sir are now an honorary aussie for the week! haha

mine started at 1767kms (divide by 1.6 do you're own math) when a bit of debris clonked my chain made me brick a little bit but luckily pulling the clutch in stopped that experience but a plethora of people on here have had this problem so i thought my experience might help someone.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

whittaker

if that doesn't fix your problem maybe replace your chain it's probably almost that time anyway and i mean you can get colored chains on ebay i personally am getting the red chain because everyone knows red goes faster. haha

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

93cc

I just got my bike and am just about to hit 600 miles so I scheduling the maintance for that in the but I have a rattle noise that I hear mostly when coming off the throttle or when pull the clutch in... The chain seems kind of loose to me but it looked like it withing specs for the about of slack allowed... Do you think its the chain or maybe something else?

Last edited:

93cc

I just got my bike and am just about to hit 600 miles so I scheduling the maintance for that in the but I have a rattle noise that I hear mostly when coming off the throttle or when pull the clutch in... The chain seems kind of loose to me but it looked like it withing specs for the about of slack allowed... Do you think its the chain or maybe something else?
Never mind... I figured it out... its.the other keys on my key ring. Vibrating/rattling :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

SurfJunkie

Ive made it a point to take off the primary cover and clean everything under there at every chain lube.

I clean and check tension about every other weekend.