So I low-sided this morning...

TokenSSDD

... and let me tell you, it's no fun. I was going about 25 into a left turn and the back wheel slipped on me. I think I might have leaned into the turn too far because it's not a true 90 degree turn (it bends back a little more than normal). We had a really low fog this morning so I think the ground being slick from that didn't help either. As soon as the tire started to slip I knew I was going down so I braced for it as best as I could. Thankfully I just put no-cuts on the bike so the damage isn't too bad. I dunno how my right side mirror broke off but the gear selector lever is bent pretty badly so I'll have to get that fixed as well. I'm also stuffed full of painkillers because I tore my knee up pretty bad (I'm definitely getting some riding pants after this!) but other than that I'm physically okay. It was definitely an experience though...

Attachments

Fizzer6R

sorry to hear man :( better than a high-side, and luckily not too bad

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

DragonBlu

Sorry that happened Token and I hope you heal fast! It just breaks my heart to see another Blue bike take a hit. Good luck man!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

TokenSSDD

Thanks for the support guys!

well....all i can picture in my head right now is a fat kid eating some cake walkin down the side walk and just bustin his ass.... and some how getting a black eye lol
Dag dude I'm not that big lol. And I'm not a cake eater either... ;)

Fizzer6R

reminds me, I always tell my girl I love her like a fat kid loves cake

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Gwai lo 2.0

Glad you're okay! Heal up, fix her up and get back on her!

Rookasaki

Sorry man.. I hope to never have a thread like this but you just never know.. glad your OK. I'm sure your knee is pissed off that you didn't have riding pants on! Stay safe!

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

linkgt

Damn :(. As others have said, we are all glad to see you're doing ok. Last year, I used to just ride with Motorcycle jeans, but after seeing all these accidents i'm seriously considering investing in a good pair of motorcycle pants once I start riding this year again.

Bloke

Get well soon! Thank goodness the damage isn't too bad. Get some engine case sliders on that badboy.

Re: motorcycle pants - I've said it before I don't understand why people buy jackets but not trousers.

Your legs are the first thing to hit the ground, normally with a big heavy bike crushing them into the tarmac.

It'd make more sense to wear motorcycle pants and go topless :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

KeysRider3

Thanks for the pics, and circumstances information. Just the right amount of cool moisture in the air to make your tire a little less grippy, and bring up the road oils! Glad to read you're okay, and that you'll be picking up some protection for your own lower parts.

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member