So I low-sided this morning...

roadrat

Hey Token heal up fast man! Glad to hear your bike isn't too beat up.

TokenSSDD

Again guys thanks for the support. I got a couple of things fixed on the bike tonight after work. I noticed that the fairing is cracked near the headlight (check the pic) but I'm probably gonna leave it like that unless anyone has any ideas on helping me fix it...? :D I ended up taking the remaining mirror off because the mount underneath it is bent and I can't get it to bend back. I picked up a bar end mirror from Cycle Gear last night just in case and from how I've ridden so far, it works a lot better than the mirrors in the first place lol. I can see more behind me that I could before. I also picked up some block offs to fit in the mirror spot. The only two things left to fix are my shift lever (you can tell in the pic... it's not that great, but you can clearly see where the shifter is bent up at a weird angle) and my self-confidence. I rode it to work today but was really tentative in the corners because of yesterday. I'm going back to re-watch Twist of the Wrist II (never a bad thing!) and I think I'm gonna make a run down to St. Augustine or something on my day off to get back into the feel of things. All in all it's been a learning experience...

Oh and I've ordered some riding pants... I'm not making that mistake again! :thumbup:

Attachments

See red

a bloody knee is still better than a butt full of poop in a suit.... the smell stays. lol! j\k hope that ya feel better.

RooKie

Glad you're ok and getting back up on the ol' steel horse! Like you said, it's an experience. We learn from it and keep on keepin on!