Sick to my stomach....RIP

I cant beleive they would sell a bike like that...sounds like it wouldnt even pass inspection

rowdy youth, group behavior, lack of skills, marginal bikes = high risk.

SS's are no joke, I think everyone should learn on a lesser bike.

The thrills and freedom of riding are awesome, but there is plenty of time to work your way up to a SS.

RIP, and comfort for the families left behind.

Someone has to sell the bikes, you did your best, these things happen - sorry you had to experience this.

Not one mention of this wreck anywhere in the Denver news. I guess it was not news worthy, or got bumped for something else.

I was able to reach a family member, after pulling up some sales records. The family member told me this:

The person that bought the bike, and put the new front tire on, was in a car, and let one of his friends drive the bike. They convinced him that he was inexperienced as a rider, and with a slick new front tire, and a bald rear tire, and no front brakes, they would try and get his bike home.

A young woman in a car, made a right turn on a red light, and went into the inside lane. (3 travel lanes for the roadway the bikes were on, and the bikes were in the inside lane). The bikes tried to avoid the car, but one of the bikes low sided, and took the other bike out. One of the bikes ended up under the car, the other avoided the car, and the rider slid into the center painted median. The driver of the car freaked out, swerved into the center median and ended up running over one of the rider's head. (No helmet) The other rider struck his head, either on the pavement, or in the collision with the car. The Police are still investigating and reconstructing. From witnesses, it appears the bikes were traveling about 45 mph, in a 55 zone.

The family was very appreciative of the phone call.

So completely and utterly baffling that most people don't wear helmets on these ridiculous machines if they don't have to.

So completely and utterly baffling that most people don't wear helmets on these ridiculous machines if they don't have to.

Alot of people think that they are

A. Bullet-proof so they don't need it.

or

B. Such a good rider, that they can anticipate everything that could possible happen.

And then, there is the stupidity factor. Last summer, I saw an idiot around town riding his super-sport wearing only shorts and flip-flops. When I got back to my shop (Air Force btw) all my motorcycle riders got an earful about what would happen if I caught any of them riding in that set up. It worked out that it was a safety day. Luckily, my guys are smart about thier riding gear.

Keep your head up Tusker525. You did everything you could.

RIP to the downed riders and condolences to their families.

Husker sorry man

Husker sorry man. Nothing more you could of done. You did everything you could even cutting a discount on parts to help the kids out when you didn't have too. Eventually, a rescue squad will get dispatched to this type of situation and we put the bird up, and find out the rider didn't make it. Lots of times I wish I could of done more but Most of the time there is nothing more I could of done.

Sorry you got caught up in this tragic accident Husker. Sounds like you tried your best. RIP riders.

Wow this is a sad story. You did all you could do to help and give advice to those kids. Do not beat yourself up,you were not in control of their actions.

Back