Rossi back with ???

Spunky99

BKP

Sounds like he'll be teamed with Lorenzo... taking Spies' position with Yami...

Good on him... 'bout time. Stoner's been stealing the spotlight too long...

JonKerr

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Detrich

I don't think official word is out yet. All these articles are supposedly rumors?

At least that's what I heard.

FastFreddy

It'd be good if Jorge, Rossi, Cal, Pedrosa, Dovi, Bradl and Marquez can mix it up next year on competitive machines. If Ducati finally work out the problem with their bike, maybe they'll be on song, but they have to be trying new chassis combinations to work that out. I still miss watching Marco getting faster every race. I want to see Cal stay on the Monster if he doesn't get the factory ride.

Michael Wilson

The ducati race bikes are trash. Their frames are stone age old and they weremt making improvments fast enough to compete. Im excite then rossi will be back on a yamaha, a machine that can win ;)

JonKerr

Elite Member

FastFreddy

Surely they can make 3-5 different frames with different flex characteristics, put Rossi on them, get the feedback and work out wtf is wrong with their frames ? Instead ... I don't know what they do, I'm sure its complex (money related).

Then once they finally work it out, make sure it doesn't happen again.

Not sure how they can run a series with weight and tyre changes during the season, then banning Stoner from racing with the soft rear for a couple of races.

I'm glad I watched the last few years of 250 racing, that was good racing. Moto2 is good too.

CRTs ? hmmm, 50 HP down is too much. 210-230 HP compared to 270-280HP.

-----------

In any case, once Rossi is winning again, then the mainstream audience can be enthused again and the money will flow for all.

--------
Single ECU seems to be working for BSB and F1. I was against this at first, but without a rev limit,(keep them <230HP) it won't do nothing.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Detrich

Most likely they will make one, as the Rossi edition 2009 & 2010 R1's & R6's are still very high-priced, sought after bikes.

Back when I was shopping, the best price I could get for a 2009 Rossi edition brand new was $11500 OTD. And that was from a dealership desperate to unload it cuz they had too much R6 inventory. Most dealerships wanted $13500 plus tax and license. The R1 Rossi was something like $15.5k plus taxes & licenses... Just too darn expensive. But they were selling...

Problem with a bike like that are the plastics are difficult to replace. Plus it's so nice that u almost don't wanna ride it. LoL. Well, I just don't think it's worth spending $19k... Way too expensive

Detrich