Quest for Front and Rear Signals

lwclancers

bloodypulp

Gotcha , don't have one. Don't know if I need in La. But Havn't been pulled over yet either. Guess I better check it out. Thanks

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

I like the ZX6R CF mirrors I got...will take some getting used to since I had the stock mirrors for 3 years.

I like the flush mounts alot...Im kind of picky though, so the mounting is bothering me since its not perfect (Ill get over it).

Looking forward to updating this when I get my FE and back signals on. Need to get a 3/8" drive 6mm socket to put on my torque wrench to use as a breaker bar...those back fender bolts on their like crazy.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

No. Probably not till 2 weeks from now...put an order in for some Hex sockets (need them to put on a breaker bar or my torque wrench...I'll use them for other stuff too). Have a deadline through next Wednesday and out of town next weekend. SO, she waits....

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

lwclancers

Came out great. Although I do need to get a flasher relay, back signals cause fast blinking. Otherwise, all set!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

The fast signal is ok, but I find it annoying. I ordered the relay you suggested! :) Ill post up videos and a few more pics (of the HID retrofit too) soon!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BradSPE

lwclancers, think those flushmount turn signals you installed would fit inside the cowling? I was thinking of using the adapters with it to make a nice clean set up along with a pair of proton turn signals on the side.

Basically splicing the female adapter that comes with it to the female adapter from the bike and then using those two female adapters and connecting the male adapters from each light to them. If that makes sense...Basically cleaning up the wires as best as possible and maintaining things plug and play as much as possible. Then using a separate led relay instead of the ones that come installed in that led flasher relay you have.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

lwclancers, think those flushmount turn signals you installed would fit inside the cowling? I was thinking of using the adapters with it to make a nice clean set up along with a pair of proton turn signals on the side.

Basically splicing the female adapter that comes with it to the female adapter from the bike and then using those two female adapters and connecting the male adapters from each light to them. If that makes sense...Basically cleaning up the wires as best as possible and maintaining things plug and play as much as possible. Then using a separate led relay instead of the ones that come installed in that led flasher relay you have.
No, they wouldnt work that way. The opening in our fairing has a recess and an edge. Youd have to cut away that edge within the recess to allow anything to fit through....and then youd lose the ability to tighten any sort of adapter down.

lwclancers

Ah ok, yea. Sorry for the misunderstanding. The little dome lights will likely go up in the intake somewhere...there just isnt a flat surface for a truly flush install. Still thinking this one.

alh081