Quest for Front and Rear Signals

lwclancers

While awaiting for my retrofit, it got me thinking about all sorts of signal solutions. Didnt think I wanted flush mounts, but do want to retain running lights up front...so looking for 3 wire solutions (I want as much plug and play as possible)...so hoping to find front and rear signals that relatively match! So 3 wire u front, 2 wire in the back. You'd think I was trying to find Jimmy Hoffa.

In my hunt I cam across these...think they will work up front?
2009 2013 Yamaha YZF R1 YZFR1 Flush Mount LED Running Turn Signal Lights | eBay

lwclancers

BoneJj

And I know these wont fit, but I wish they would...quite interesting
Small Single Taper Mount Motorcycle LED Turn Signal Running Lights Amber | eBay
Those would be good to mount up under the front fairing and aim forward to use for forward visibility for the blinkers as flushmounts will take away from forward visibility of your turn signals.

I actually rather like those, I might have to get a set of those to mess with mounting up some good amber running lights for my bike.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

lwclancers

This Custom LED Blinker Genie Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire
will allow you to use any 2 wire led as a running light. I have them, just haven't installed mine yet. Will probably do that while its broken down. There is a way to make them yourself but for $25 and a nice neat appearance I went with these. If you wanna hold off a while I will let you know when I put them on.
I keep thinking about this one too. But for $50 for 2, plus lights, its a tad expensive. For that, Id rather pay the price for the pair in the first post....if they'd fit.

Why is it so hard to find 3 wire lights?

EDIT: Just realized they are $25 for a pair. OK, I guess maybe 2 wire lights are ok...sigh, now the options are wide open. I will probably wait for your review though...because I am overthinking and overplanning my choices and options WAY too much for this...this is what happens when Im thinking about riding ;-)

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Yea, I want things to be as easy as possible on the install...those adapters look perfectly fine for 2 to 3 wires. Now I have to decide if I like any 2 wire signals.

Im still really interested in the ones in my first post...nice 3 wires flushmounts, look like good quality.

Some of the shorty stalk signals looks fine, and would match front and back...but worried about finding a bushing/bracket to blend them in to the connector point.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

These are cool as crap too, with a small footprint...would make good forward facing signals:
Small LED Black Dome Cafe Racer Turn Signal Lights Amber | eBay

EDIT: These are half inch diameter, so they could fit in a number of forward facing locations. Im going to go check my plastics now haha. It LOOKS like 3 wires in the picture, hard to tell. I will research and probably email the seller to confirm

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Scott, post me a link to the signals you have if you dont mind.

Im trying to use this as a post for research, ideas, my own note taking, then will eventually show an install!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Interesting. I like them, but, not sure how great they'd look on my fairings...

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

This Custom LED Blinker Genie Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire
will allow you to use any 2 wire led as a running light. I have them, just haven't installed mine yet. Will probably do that while its broken down. There is a way to make them yourself but for $25 and a nice neat appearance I went with these. If you wanna hold off a while I will let you know when I put them on.
now I could use something like that for my bike's regular bulbs that are in the turn signals I have right now.

Do you know of a good one for regular filament bulbs that will do the same thing?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

So I took these 2 pics. On the inside of each fairing is a piece that a simple L bracket would do the trick for simple mounting. Also in the lower triangular fairing, the recess would work well for either an LED strip, or the dome lights.

Air vents always are a good option too, but, people have done those

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member